Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
Gardner
Gardner began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Colour
Question \new ipad on Saturday!

I am a newby on the ipad and have been progressing nicely ,However I am wondering if anyone is using there,s to print documents or e-mail wirelessly.

I have a laptop PC and am able to print wirelesly thru my Lexmark S608 printer . but am stumped as to what steps I need to take or if it will alow me to do the same thing with my ipad or am I destined to never be able to print from this lovely new addition to my electronic collection.

If anyone can enlighten me I would appreiate it.
Thanks, Gardner
Gardner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Kobo H2O, N7
In order to print from an iPad your printer needs to be "Airprint" compatible which, in effect, means you have to have one of a small number of models of HP printer.

There is a Windows app you can buy (it costs about $10) called "Fingerprint" which will apparently allow you to print to any shared Windows printer from the iPad. I have no experience of it personally, but it seems to receive favourable reviews. See:

http://www.collobos.com/index.html
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Talldog
Addict
Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Talldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KDX Graphite, Surface Pro
There are several iPad apps like Printer Pro that will allow you to print to non-Airprint printers, but they don't work with all printers or all apps, so you'll want to check them out carefully. I ended up just buying a cheap HP Photosmart D110A Airprint printer and it works great. $80 from Amazon.
Talldog is offline   Reply With Quote