Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #91
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
geekmaster

It would be very nice to have such a program under the Kindle Touch.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #92
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
twobob

I also think that the touch screen it will be slow, but for some games it should suffice.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #93
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I cant confirm or deny that.

If you are asking: personally, DON'T like the move away from buttons.
Buttons we like. Buttons work. TS? meh, it's okay, I always found the lag HIGHLY ANNOYING if I am honest, rather hoping that the new devices coming out have some improvements in that area.

If they are suited to games? well, I'll be one of the first in the line to have a go.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #94
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

so yeah. I got a touch then... Perhaps now I can get us all into the 21st century.

I'll have a hack at porting this when I get the device - allegedly tomorrow
Old 09-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #95
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
enjoy the touch! bonus points if your port can be k4 compatible too (edit: i can volunteer for testing...)
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2012, 03:15 PM   #96
twobob

okay. I will take you up on that.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #97
hippy dave
Zealot
hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.hippy dave can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 4
sweet!
hippy dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #98
kuser
kuser began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3g
Hi.
please someone could kindly post the files needed to run fbgnuboy using launchpad and kite in a Kindle keyboard 3gb.

Thanks
kuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #99
twobob

erm. I think they are included mate.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #100
kuser

Hi twobob,

I intended, if exist, the files to put in kite folder (or launchpad folder).
In the archive I downloaded there are the fbgnuboy executable and a folder with the sources.

I asked about the files to launch the program because my knowledge is very poor.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #101
twobob

gnuboy.sh (make this file)

Code:
#!/bin/sh
#===================================================
# getkb - get translated ascii keys from K3 keyboard
# v1.2                                 by geekmaster
# STDOUT: pressed keys, until Enter key pressed.
#---------------------------------------------------
getkb() {
  eips -z 2 38  # scroll
  XP=0
  YP=39
  DN=/dev/null
  KN="1234567890____qwertyuiop____asdfghjkl_____zxcvbnm_."
  KS="1234567890____QWERTYUIOP____ASDFGHJKL_____ZXCVBNM_,"
  KP="1234567890____~@#$%^&*()____<>[]{}?/\_____;:'|-+=_?"
  KM=$KN
  ST=""
  while :;do
    eips $XP $YP "$ST""_ "
    L="_"
    set $(waitforkey); K=$1 D=$2
    [[ $D -eq 0 ]]&& continue
#    [[ $K -eq 28 ]]&& break # enter
    [[ $K -eq 190 ]]&& break # use Aa for enter
    [[ $K -eq 14 ]]&& ST="$(echo ${ST%?})" && continue # del
    [[ $K -eq 42 ]]&& KM=$KS && continue # shift
    [[ $K -eq 126 ]]&& KM=$KP && continue # Sym
    [[ $K -eq 57 ]]&& L=" " # space
    [[ $K -le 52 ]]&& L="$(echo \"$KM\"|cut -b$K-$K)"
#    [[ "$L" == "_" ]]&& L="($K)"
    [[ "$L" == "_" ]]&& continue
#    echo -n "$L"
    ST="$ST$L"
    KM=$KN
  done
  echo "$ST"
}

putei() {
  st=$1
  ii=${#st}
  while [ $ii -ge 0 ] 
  do
    eips -z 2 38  # scroll
    eips 0 39 "$(echo $st | cut -b-50)"  # write to the bottom
    st="$(echo $st | cut -b51-)"
    ii=$(( ii - 50 ))
  done
}

killall -stop cvm launchpad 2> /dev/null
cd /mnt/us/fbgnuboy
eips -c;
putei "fbgnuboy - Games Boy Advanced Emulator"
putei ""
putei "Available ROMS -"
putei "$(ls ./roms)"
putei ""
putei "Execute Which ROM?"
HOME=/tmp ./fbgnuboy ./roms/"$(getkb)".gb 2>gnuboy.log
killall -cont cvm launchpad 2> /dev/null
run it from the same folder as gnuboy.

I thought the kite and lanchpad runners were in the download. they are not. my apologies.

Not sure how to run from kite but that will let you choose roms. so call that script from Kite.

Hope that helps

Last edited by twobob; 12-09-2012 at 07:55 PM. Reason: $DN is a bit funny sometimes. unrolled to /dev/null - fixed to code block!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #102
kuser

Thanks,

I'll try it.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #103
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I updated it to support 8bpp framebuffers. This is horribly untested and might have even broken 4bpp support. Report success or bugs if you like to, it's welcome. Plus as I don't own 8bpp devices, I could not yet create a collection of key codes for these devices (well, it's probably restricted to the K4 anyways, the K5 would need touchscreen handling).
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #104
twobob

I have a 3 and 5 right here mate. will test now.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #105
twobob

Okay same news. Loads okay. Even clears down FB and does 1st frame of game.

Then no updates.

Connecting via VNc shows game running (pictured)

sadly, as I said, this is not reflected on the screen. : )

Feedback complete.

EDIT: Still works fine on a 3 so not broken there mate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_087.png
Views:	299
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	93458  

Last edited by twobob; 10-05-2012 at 12:40 PM.