Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
New Kindle Fire update soon

Format 8 is upon us. With the standalone Kindle apps being updated, I'm sure our KF will follow by the end of the week.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
The Kindle Fire had KF8 support when it shipped.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
The Kindle Fire had KF8 support when it shipped.
I'm sure it'll get some type of optimization though.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
How should people with rooted KF's handle this update, Jessica?
I have DroidWall, but sometimes turn its Firewall off to use infrequently used apps.
I also have OTA RootKeeper - can I do the update and then restore root with RootKeeper?
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
How should people with rooted KF's handle this update, Jessica?
I have DroidWall, but sometimes turn its Firewall off to use infrequently used apps.
I also have OTA RootKeeper - can I do the update and then restore root with RootKeeper?
There is no update, so you don't have to do anything.

But when there are updates, don't install it right away. Wait until the Android blogs report that it is safe for you to install on your hacked KF.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
someone should append a ? to the thread title
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #7
nickinev
Enthusiast
nickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 1, K4, and Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Format 8 is upon us. With the standalone Kindle apps being updated, I'm sure our KF will follow by the end of the week.
I hope you're right!!

Nicole
nickinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
it is already in the KF
he biggest new addition is support for audio and video features in certain ebooks via the Kindle Format 8. The HTML5-based format was previously only is use on the Kindle Fire, which made multimedia features embedded in publications exclusive to ...
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Let's hope so. I want to be able to sync my personal docs with my other Kindles. It's really silly you can't do that with the Fire. Now that the Android app has that feature first I am kinda feeling left out.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Latest firmware version for Fire is 6.2.2 per this link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200790620

I've had that one for a long time now.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Let's hope so. I want to be able to sync my personal docs with my other Kindles. It's really silly you can't do that with the Fire. Now that the Android app has that feature first I am kinda feeling left out.
Me too.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Heh, sorry to disappoint. I didn't know that the new format was officially supported. I haven't seen any HTML5 titles yet myself.

But in saying that, I was able to replace the Kindle app that is stock and get the new personal docs feature.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #13
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
They discuss Kindle for PC update regarding Kindle Format 8 on the latest Kindle Chronicles # 190:
http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/2...ames-mcquivey/
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle4PC was updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
They discuss Kindle for PC update regarding Kindle Format 8 on the latest Kindle Chronicles # 190:
http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/2...ames-mcquivey/
Kindle4PC was updated on 3/16/2012 to version 1.9.2 (38420) available here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000426311

That one did have support for new features:

1. Localized app language in French, Spanish, Italian, and Brazilian Portuguese
Support for collections allows you to take control of your Kindle library and organize your books with ease

2. Book Extras by Shelfari. Access character descriptions, important places, popular quotations, themes, and book-specific glossaries from Shelfari, the community-powered encyclopedia for book-lovers

3. Support for Kindle Print Replica content, which look like the corresponding print book with words and images in the position corresponding to the print edition. See more detail on Print Replica content here.

4. Support for reading most PDF files within the Kindle application, including functionality such as zoom and pan, highlighting, note taking, dictionary lookup, and bookmarks
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

With the stand-alone apps updated, any word on when the K3 Keyboard, K4, and K4 touch will be updated for KF8 support?