Woodbob
Woodbob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle PC

Hi,

When I dbl click MOBI file it loads Kindle for PC but it does not load the
book into Kindle for PC.

Worked previously.

Also, I cannot drag/drop MOBI into opened Kindle for PC app.

I have reinstalled Kindle for PC and registered it, again.

Also, Calibre loads and opens the MOBI fine.

Any Ideas, please????
Woodbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Drag and drop the file into the "My Kindle Content" for the Kindle app, then open the app. That should work.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 03-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Woodbob

Hi Susan,

I have already tried that before posting but NG...
Old 03-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
Woodbob

Hi,

To be very clear, I cannot open a MOBI book with Kindle PC IF it's not already loaded into Kindle PC. I cannot drop and Drag or Dbl click an MOBI

When I dbl click a MOBI file the Kindle PC software opens but does not show the new MOBI

I haven't sent a one of these unopened MOBI to the device but I'll try

Also, as I stated any of these new MOBI's open and read fine in Calibre

The ones I'm trying to open were NOT from Amazon.

Hope I'm clear.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
DreamWriter
Wizard
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I know what you're talking about. I read somewhere that the latest version of Kindle for PC (1.9.2?) solved that problem, along with some other glitches. Which software version do you have?

I could be mistaken, but I think I read that the program somehow disassociated itself from the .mobi file type. While viewing the Windows directory, right-click on the file name, click "open with" and select "choose program," choose Kindle and check the box "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" box. Does that work?

Last edited by DreamWriter; 03-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #6
Woodbob

Hi Dream Writer,

I had previously right/clicked the MOBI to be sure it opened in Kindle PC.
However, as you suggested I installed Ver 1.9.2 ---- (from previous 1.9.1)
and all working again.

Thank you for "Writing my Ship"
Old 03-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
DreamWriter
Wizard
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbob View Post
Thank you for "Writing my Ship"

I'm glad you were able to get it working again! That K4PC update corrected a few other glitches too.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote