Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
addheat
addheat began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G (Stanza)
Help: Pressed Reset Button Too Hard

That's what happened if you didn't read the manual before something went wrong to your gadget.

I was cleaning my PRS-350 from dust when the screen suddenly did not respond to touch. I was kind of panic, found a nearby toothpick and (somehow) pressed reset button too hard. Now the plastic that holds the button within the reset hole have collapsed, making it harder to reset the device (I can still reset but I have to look for correct angle).

Anyone experienced similar problem? Will open the screw and reposition tilted button fix the problem? Is there any wiring I should aware of before disassembly my prs-350?

Help appreciated
addheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #2
addheat
addheat began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G (Stanza)
found a service manual here, but have no guts to open it...
addheat is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
Thanks for posting the service manual, I saved a copy of it. It looks very handy to have on hand in case of future issues, although I hope I never need to use it.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I did the same thing. Fortunately the Reader is still working.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Red face Very handy, but....ooooer !

Too good to miss, just in case - and dittos for the 650 I'd presume...

Might be handy if the battery needs changing - but, as addheat sensibly hints, would I be brave enough to have a go ? !

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote