Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Eoannis
Eoannis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile ToC detected but not transferred when converting from epub to pdf

Hi everyone, and congrats for the nice forum.

About my topic, I see that a table of contents tutorial is a sticky post and I have done lots of research before posting this, but I have had no luck. Thus, excuse me if my question is common, but I couldn't find answer anywhere else.

Here is my issue:

the .epub e-book has TOC as hyperlinks in 2nd page (after cover)
calibre detects 18 chapters during convection, but the final pdf doesn't contain TOC

The conversion options for ToC contain:
Number of links to add to ToC: 50
chapter Threshold: 50

what am I doing wrong?
Eoannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
jackie_w
Wizard
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, PB360, Kobo Glo/AuraHD/Aura6"
Hi Eoannis, Welcome to the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoannis View Post
what am I doing wrong?
Maybe nothing. The conversion features when converting to or from PDF are far more limited than those for EPUB or MOBI. Is there some reason why you don't want to read the original epub? Reading PDFs on a small-screen ereader is often an exercise in frustration and disappointment.
jackie_w is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #3
Eoannis
Eoannis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Hi Eoannis, Welcome to the forums
Is there some reason why you don't want to read the original epub?
Hi and thanks for the welcoming. I hadn't use epub before, but now I find them much better; I should stick to them now. Thanks for your tip, and have a nice day
Eoannis is offline   Reply With Quote