Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
kappsta
Member
kappsta began at the beginning.
 
kappsta's Avatar
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Device: Sony PRS-T1
ERROR: Could not open ebook: [Error 123]

Hi. I added an epub to Calibre. When I try to open it in Calibre's E-book reader I get the following error. Hopefully this is the right place to post bugs. Any help? I am running Win7 x64. Thanks.



calibre, version 0.8.41
ERROR: Could not open ebook: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: u'C:\\Users\\Kazzy\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.8.41_tmp_9cicbb\\zppnur_ebook_iter\\OPS\\images\ \href="images'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 64, in run
File "threading.py", line 483, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 205, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 208, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_in put.py", line 141, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1087, in extractall
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1071, in extract
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1111, in _extract_member
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: u'C:\\Users\\Kazzy\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.8.41_tmp_9cicbb\\zppnur_ebook_iter\\OPS\\images\ \href="images'
kappsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,292
Karma: 6022733
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappsta View Post
Hi. I added an epub to Calibre. When I try to open it in Calibre's E-book reader I get the following error. Hopefully this is the right place to post bugs. Any help? I am running Win7 x64. Thanks.



calibre, version 0.8.41
ERROR: Could not open ebook: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: u'C:\\Users\\Kazzy\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.8.41_tmp_9cicbb\\zppnur_ebook_iter\\OPS\\images\ \href="images'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\viewer\main.py", line 64, in run
File "threading.py", line 483, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator.py", line 205, in __enter__
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 208, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\epub_in put.py", line 141, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1087, in extractall
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1071, in extract
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\zipfile.py", line 1111, in _extract_member
File "os.py", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: u'C:\\Users\\Kazzy\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.8.41_tmp_9cicbb\\zppnur_ebook_iter\\OPS\\images\ \href="images'

Have you validated the EPUB and CSS? Something looks wierd about the 'images' path

Flightcrew is a great tool to validate the EPUB (but it does not validate CSS).
the CSS can be validated here http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_upload

Use Tweak (T) to explode the EPUB
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
kappsta
Member
kappsta began at the beginning.
 
kappsta's Avatar
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks for the tips. I checked it in Flightcrew and got this error but not sure what it means or how to correct it. No error in the CSS.



I tried to Explode ePub in Calibre but got another error:



Cheers!

Last edited by kappsta; 03-09-2012 at 09:49 AM.
kappsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,292
Karma: 6022733
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappsta View Post
Thanks for the tips. I checked it in Flightcrew and got this error but not sure what it means or how to correct it. No error in the CSS.




Cheers!
That was run on the Book that is in the Library

Junk Reference... At least very incorrectly done.
Well beyond most programs ability to correct.
You could comment it out or delete it all together
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
kappsta
Member
kappsta began at the beginning.
 
kappsta's Avatar
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You could comment it out or delete it all together
How can I do that? Thanks.

I found out more info with epubcheck:

----
Validating against EPUB version 2.0
ERROR: xxx.epub: image file OPS/images/image-180.jpg is missing
ERROR: xxx.epub: image file OPS/images/image-233e.jpg is missing
ERROR: xxx.epub: image file OPS/images/image-314.jpg is missing
WARNING: xxx.epub: item (OPS/imaghref="images/ima) exists in the zip
file, but is not declared in the OPF file
ERROR: xxx.epub/OPS/imaghref="images/ima: File name contains charact
ers disallowed in OCF file names: """
WARNING: xxx.epub: item (OPS/images/image-314.jhr) exists in the zip
file, but is not declared in the OPF file
WARNING: xxx.epub: item (OPS/images/href="images/i) exists in the zi
p file, but is not declared in the OPF file
ERROR: xxx.epub/OPS/images/href="images/i: File name contains charac
ters disallowed in OCF file names: """

Check finished with warnings or errors!
kappsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:49 AM   #6
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals
 
pchrist7's Avatar
 
Posts: 385
Karma: 6514
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denmark
Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
Question Unbalanced "

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappsta View Post
ERROR: Could not open ebook: [Error 123] The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect: u'C:\\Users\\Kazzy\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_ 0.8.41_tmp_9cicbb\\zppnur_ebook_iter\\OPS\\images\ \href="images'
Sorry for barging in. No expert, but...
Look closely at the filename above.
The whole filename string is inclosed in ' ', but you have href="images at then without a closing "
Could that be it ?
Just a thought.

Cheers, Per
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
kappsta
Member
kappsta began at the beginning.
 
kappsta's Avatar
 
Posts: 11
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Device: Sony PRS-T1
Submitted a bug to Calibre and looks like it will be fixed in the next release!


Quote:
Fixed in branch lp:calibre. The fix will be in the next release. calibre
is usually released every Friday.

status fixreleased

** Changed in: calibre
Status: Incomplete => Fix Released
kappsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
calibre, version 0.8.8 ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device no such column: e-bookuser Devices 1 07-03-2011 05:09 PM
Trying to Open Calibre and Getting Error Message Loosheesh Calibre 12 03-02-2011 11:03 PM
Can't open Calibre-error message matcor Calibre 2 02-26-2011 01:51 AM
WindowsError:[Error 123] Dharmabum Calibre 5 08-23-2010 08:52 PM
Error when trying to open Ebook Viewer, won't show stories cloudyvisions Calibre 1 03-28-2009 05:13 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.