Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
Kudalufi
Kudalufi began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Sorting collections on Kobo Touch

I have Calibre set up to automatically add collections to my Kobo Touch for the series a book is in. When I originally did this, I then used the KoboUtilities plugin to sort the collections in alphabetical order. I have recently had to restore back to factory and reload my books, and I cannot now get this to work. When I order by series name it says it sorts it but nothing I do can get it to actually persist on the device. Is there a trick to this?
Kudalufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:16 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
The shelf ordering works by changing the "DateModified" value in the database for when the book was put onto the shelf. It changes the dates for the books on the series shelves so that sorting be "Date Added" when viewing the shelf will sort the books in the series.

The dialog also has an option to set the sort order in the config file. This writes a line to the config file that is the same as what is put there when you select the "Date Added" order on the device.

I have just done a quick test of this on my Glo with FW3.2.0 and can see no problems. If I select the "Date Added" sort, the books are in the series order. This gets remembered by the device. If I use the config update option it works as well.

Can you tell me exactly what you have done and what is happening? And I think posting you "Kobo eReader.conf" might help.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 03-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
Kudalufi
Kudalufi began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I solved the problem on my own based on your advice in another thread.

My "Kobo eReader.conf" had no LastLibrarySorter_shelfList_ entry. Does the KoboUtilities plugin not add it when you sort your collections?
Kudalufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Seems to be a lot of this going around... Perhaps Kobo has an answer.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote