Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #16
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 1, PRS-650, Sony S Tablet
While I am not sure we are technically reading words faster, my mom and I are reading through books much quicker.

As others said, we find the consistent font and font size are much less tiring on the eyes than p-books. So we don't find ourselves pausing as often. Plus you can read the Kindle without adjusting to the size of the book or whether you are reading on the left side vs right side.

Also, we are both speed readers versus word-for-word readers...and with the Kindle, its much easier to do this. Not to mention we can quickly scan paragraphs that don't interest us or really add to the plot.

...like the love scenes in some of those fluffy novels my mom likes to read Of course the problem is that I can't buy Kindle books fast enough to keep up with her habit given she is retired
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #17
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Definitely faster if anything. zoom!
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-10-2009, 11:17 PM   #18
cjschmidt
Thyme Lord
cjschmidt doesn't littercjschmidt doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
I read significantly faster on an ebook reader than paper. Once you get in the "groove" there is actually a lot less distraction on page turns. You can also change the font size and instantly save you spot.

I picked up a fantasy paperback (1000+ pages) a few weeks back and gave up. The curve, thickness, and tiny type made the whole experience no fun at all.
cjschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote