|03-03-2012, 12:20 PM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2012
Device: Kindle, iPad
Mobi dictionaries with inflection
I am interested in making two dictionaries, one Latin-English and one French-English.
There are a few issues:
1. How can I generate inflection indices? Both Latin and French are highly inflected languages and a dictionary which does not support inflection is pretty much useless.
2. How can I deal with contractions in French. For example, it should understand that l'h˘tel begins with h instead of l.
3. How can I include macrons for Latin? I'd like to have amāre instead of amare.
|03-06-2012, 08:13 AM||#2|
Join Date: Dec 2010
Device: Kindle 3
There are already two Latin dictionaries available at MR:
1. Whitaker, William: Latin/English Dictionary
2. Lewis and Short: An Elementary Latin Dictionary
The Whitaker dictionary already contains inflections.
Mobipocket web site.
You could extract Latin inflections from the data that the Diogenes project generated and French inflections from this site.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Update Mobi header/file metadata without doing a Mobi to Mobi conversion||RecQuery||Conversion||2||06-30-2012 12:43 PM|
|Free (Kindle) Development of Nominal Inflection in First Language Acquisition||arcadata||Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)||1||05-26-2011 03:06 AM|
|index_search & dictionary inflection index||Doitsu||Kindle Formats||2||03-11-2011 04:39 PM|
|on converting .mobi dictionaries to pb format||teofrast||PocketBook||8||02-28-2011 05:26 PM|
|Converting Mobi Dictionaries to other formats||ChristopherTD||Kindle Formats||13||01-07-2011 01:43 PM|