Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #16
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
I recall someone here on the forum claiming that they had installed an update by copying the file to the device itself as input. I haven't yet located that post, but this conversation reminded me.

I would be interested in reading this post if you happen to come across it again.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #17
glow
eDGe and Nook fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: PE, EE, Nook Color, GL, and HD+, and too many others!
Have spent a lot of time looking, and am coming to the conclusion that I remembered this incorrectly. I may have been mixing it up with a suggestion to use an sd card instead of a usb drive for the update. Sorry for any confusion.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #18
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I was playing with the settings of my pocket edge today (Settings/Edge Settings/DefaultDevice Preferences) and noticed that the "Set System Debug" mode unlocked some interesting settings which might be useful to update our devices more easily : Those settings are the following (with their default value)
UpdateUrl : entourageshare.appspot.com
UpdatePort: 443
Entourage Server Address : www.entourage edge.com
Entourage SErver Port : 443
Entourage Server Default URL : /ESIContentServlet/EsiContentVendor
ServiceURL http://wbsvc.entourageedge.com:8080/

I wonder if putting the update.zip in a local webserver; and setting the updateurl to the proper url won't let us make the update.
Has anyone ever played with those settings, or know their meanings ?

(PS, to enable the systemdebug mode, you have to key in the proper code as explained here : http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/08...-instructions/ .
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote