Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
dug
dug began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPad 2
Sort by searched

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a way to highlight all the items found after a search. For example, let's say I did search for a specific tag. Now all the books with this tag turn green and I want to delete, copy to disk, bulk edit, etc. these books in one operation. How can I highlight or sort only the books found in the search?

Thanks.

Last edited by dug; 02-28-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Clarity
dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dug View Post
Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a way to highlight all the items found after a search. For example, let's say I did search for a specific tag. Now all the books with this tag turn green and I want to delete, copy to disk, bulk edit, etc. these books in one operation. How can I highlight or sort only the books found in the search?

Thanks.
Ctrl-A (select all) while those just show
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is a button just to the right of the search bar that toggles the results of searching between highlighting the books meeting the search criteria or only showing those that match. It sounds as if you might be in highlight mode when you want the other mode?
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
dug

Thanks for the reply theducks - but unfortunately select all does exactly that, it selects all. I would like to select only the items (in green) that were returned from the search, not the entire library. You said "while those just show", I'm assuming you think that only the books found in the search are showing? That's exactly what I want to see in the window, only the books returned from the search query, or even sorted in a block so I can select and shift-select.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
dug

That's it itimpi, thanks. I figured it would be something simple. Truth is though calibre is not the most user friendly or intuitive program...