Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Reader Library Won't Open

Very strange. I use Reader Library because I buy books from Sony for my PRS-x50 collection (more than one).

Over the weekend, I installed an SSD as my primary drive in my system.

Now Reader Library won't open. If I double click on the icon, nothing seems to happen. I go into Task Manager and it shows as a process, but not as a Program running.

Any ideas?
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
When this problem hit me finally, deleting the files and directories mentioned in this thread got it working again for me. Prior to doing that I had already tried deleting and reinstalling both the Reader Library software and Adobe Digital Editions, with no success. I skipped to just deleting what was listed and it worked fine without having to reinstall it again. You probably won't have all the files/directories mentioned, just delete what you do have.
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=111

Edit: Just in case the above doesn't work, this might help you (it didn't for me):
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=44

Last edited by Ripplinger; 02-27-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Ripplinger is online now   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Duh. I wrote this in a hurry as I struggled with it before leaving for work.

I fixed it, but had to leave for work.

I deleted the following two files (Win 7):

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation
C:\Users\%usernam%\AppData\Local\kinoma

At first I tried to just delete kinoma, but it needed both removed. I did not have to remove the other files.

Also, Sony Reader Library did not show up in Add/Remove Programs.

Strange, but Sony Reader Library and Adobe Digital Editions had issues after cloning the C: drive to an SSD. ADE had to be re-authorized. Nook and Kindle programs were fine.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
You don't need to do anything to your drives for it to happen, it just randomly stops working like that for no reason. I hadn't used the Sony Reader Library for quite a few months (I always use Calibre), and when I next tried to open it, nada.

It does show up for me in Add/Remove programs, but under "Reader Library by Sony", and not under Sony as most other Sony software does.
Ripplinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, Aluratek Libre Pro, HP Touchpad, Kindle Touch, Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Strange, but Sony Reader Library and Adobe Digital Editions had issues after cloning the C: drive to an SSD. ADE had to be re-authorized. Nook and Kindle programs were fine.
I just did the same thing, or close to it. I cloned from an SSD to a bigger SSD, and Reader Library stopped working.

Ripplinger's first link solved it for me though.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 AM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1, T3T2 . Finally the Dark Side, aK-Paperwhite
Calibre ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, Aluratek Libre Pro, HP Touchpad, Kindle Touch, Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Calibre ?
Can't handle library books properly.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
Pinecone
Guru

I use Calibre for organizing my books on my computer and reader.

I use the Sony software for buying books from Sony. I find that many books are the same price or cheaper than other outlets.