Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
ilvnet
Junior Member
ilvnet began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Kindle 4
K4NT Keep rebooting

I don't know if its proper to start another thread here for help, cauz the problem is different now.

along w/ the WIFI problem posted in this thread
(http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170260)

my K4NT keep rebooting every 3 minutues even I turn off the WIFI, nothing can change that, I tried hold power button for 20 seconds, reset to factory default... I can't even read book now even I give up the WIFI connection.

is there anyway that I can restore the system image(firmware)? or downgrade to V4.0.0? or any solution suggestions?

Much Appreciated.
ilvnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Blossom's Avatar
 
Posts: 11,581
Karma: 6676422
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvnet View Post
I don't know if its proper to start another thread here for help, cauz the problem is different now.

along w/ the WIFI problem posted in this thread
(http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170260)

my K4NT keep rebooting every 3 minutues even I turn off the WIFI, nothing can change that, I tried hold power button for 20 seconds, reset to factory default... I can't even read book now even I give up the WIFI connection.

is there anyway that I can restore the system image(firmware)? or downgrade to V4.0.0? or any solution suggestions?

Much Appreciated.
Your unit is defective. Call Kindle support for a replacement.
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Enthusiast
Old 02-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
ilvnet
Junior Member
ilvnet began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2012
Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Your unit is defective. Call Kindle support for a replacement.
Thanks Blossom!

Kindle did offer to send a replacement, but I'm traveling in China now and they can not send kindle to China....

I'm still trying to fix it... how can I make sure it is hardware defect?
ilvnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Shopaholic's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,387
Karma: 1703703
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Device: Sony 300, 350 Pink & Silver, Black & Red T1, K4NT, KPW, Red T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvnet View Post
Thanks Blossom!

Kindle did offer to send a replacement, but I'm traveling in China now and they can not send kindle to China....

I'm still trying to fix it... how can I make sure it is hardware defect?

For the simple fact that it's not supposed to do what you say it's doing, therefore it's defective.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K4NT - Repair Needed, No drive found hostar Kindle Developer's Corner 7 02-26-2012 07:00 AM
[HELP]who have original fonts of K4NT? fisherwei Kindle Developer's Corner 2 02-16-2012 06:37 AM
Seperating K4NT from Amazon's services Lorphos Kindle Developer's Corner 2 01-11-2012 05:51 AM
Backporting X-Ray to K4NT? Tronex Kindle Developer's Corner 0 01-10-2012 08:36 AM
K4NT: Special USB Cable? Robmonster Amazon Kindle 7 12-20-2011 11:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.