Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
icrhodes1
icrhodes1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Remove Books Button

Hi

Would be grateful for any guidance. I am converting some of the drm free books in epub to mobi. I then remove the epub version form my library.

I have on a few occassions hit the big remove button instead of the small drop down arrow at the side (to select the delete by format option) with the consequnce of deleting all my books and having to start again.

Is there any way of getting a warning prompt or any other suggestions please

Icy
icrhodes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by icrhodes1 View Post
Hi

Would be grateful for any guidance. I am converting some of the drm free books in epub to mobi. I then remove the epub version form my library.

I have on a few occassions hit the big remove button instead of the small drop down arrow at the side (to select the delete by format option) with the consequnce of deleting all my books and having to start again.

Is there any way of getting a warning prompt or any other suggestions please

Icy
Preferences: Behavior:
Click the button (on Right): 'Reset all confirmation Dialogs"

Use Care when you tick the Don't show me boxes when confirmations start appearing after a restart.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
icrhodes1
icrhodes1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Many thanks for the quick and helpful reply

Icy
icrhodes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Lisa33
Lisa33 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle - iPad2
How do you remove only the ePub version from the library? I converted all my mobi books to ePub and would like to remove only the ePub version, but keep the mobi format of each book.
Lisa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa33 View Post
How do you remove only the ePub version from the library? I converted all my mobi books to ePub and would like to remove only the ePub version, but keep the mobi format of each book.
Select all books you want to do that for, right-click, Remove Books -> 'Remove all formats, except...' or 'Remove Specific Format'.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote