Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
scullyware
scullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beautyscullyware does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Alternative Amazon Store

Hi! I don't know, what do people from Mobile Read think about piracy, but I would like to share my idea with you. There are a lot of alternative markets for Android: just repositories with apks. There people share cracked and stolen apps with everybody. So, I think, that idea may be helpful for kindle. With KUAL we can make an app, that can connect to reps and download books in .mobi
I dont know technical details well, but I can suppose, that search and catalog can be done with web (php and js) and downloading from reps can be realized simply as wget http://blablabla// /documents
What do you think about it? How difficult can it be? From what should I start?

Sorry for my poor English
Old 12-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Revive this: opkg, opkg GUI and plans on package repository for Kindle Touch. It has working opkg already, but GUI frontend development is stalled. Nyoxi (developer that started opkg topic) is hanging out on #kindle-dev.

EDIT: ugh, I didn't understand you was speaking about books (not apps), sorry for wrong direction.

Enthusiast
Old 12-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
ixtab
0x2A
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by scullyware View Post
Hi! I don't know, what do people from Mobile Read think about piracy
Well, pretty simple. Read the Posting guidelines.

Quote:
Links to sites that violate copyright are forbidden and will be deleted. URL shortening services may not be used.

MobileRead does not condone or support the use of this web site to break the law. This means that we will not allow posting of instructions showing someone how to break the law, requests for such instructions, nor uploads or links to items that have the sole purpose of breaking the law.
Thread

Last edited by ixtab; 12-05-2013 at 12:03 PM.
Closed Thread