Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
bagby
bagby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Metadata, plugin update problems

For about a week now, whenever I try to use the "Download Metadata" function, it always fails to find anything, with an error like

calibre, version 0.8.38
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Starting download
Query: title:BBQ Sauces Rubs & Marinades For Dummies; authors:Tracy Cumbai & Tom Schneider
Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Tracy Cumbai', u'Tom Schneider'], u'identifiers': {}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'BBQ Sauces Rubs & Marinades For Dummies'}
Using plugins: Google, Amazon.com
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Google ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Google took 1.09299993515
Failed to make identify query: u'http://books.google.com/books/feeds/volumes?q=intitle%3ABBQ+intitle%3ASauces+intitle%3 ARubs+intitle%3AMarinades+intitle%3AFor+intitle%3A Dummies%2Binauthor%3ATracy+inauthor%3ACumbai&max-results=20&min-viewability=none&start-index=1'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\google.py ", line 299, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 193, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it>

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Amazon.com ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.153.1 Safari/525.19')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Amazon.com took 1.09299993515
Failed to make identify query: u'http://www.amazon.com/s/?sort=relevanceexprank&field-author=Tracy+Cumbai&field-title=BBQ+Sauces+Rubs+Marinades+For+Dummies&search-alias=stripbooks&unfiltered=1'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py ", line 612, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 199, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 230, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_opener.py", line 193, in open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 344, in _open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 332, in _call_chain
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1142, in http_open
File "site-packages\mechanize-0.2.4-py2.7.egg\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1118, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it>

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.25 seconds
The longest time (1.093000) was taken by: Google
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the xisbn service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I think this is a symptom of something else, for whenever I try to update plugins or check for new plugins, I get "
ERROR: Update Check Failed: Unable to reach the MobileRead plugins forum index page.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...67&postcount=1

however, if I paste the url into my browser I have no problem reaching it.

Can anyone advise me how to resolve these errors?
bagby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Fix the proxy settings used in internet explorer (calibre automatically uses those settings)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
bagby
bagby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
That did it, thanks. I never use IE, wonder what messed with those settings?
bagby is offline   Reply With Quote