Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #16
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyman View Post
I am having this same problem. But if I go to ipcong /all I have the following IPs displayed: Link-local IPv6 Address, DHCP Gateway, and DHCP Server. I have tried all of these on my Galaxy tablet to try to connect to my content server and none of these work. I am running Vista at the moment on my desktop. Calibre says my content server is running and iut states it is running on 0.0.0.0:8080. What am I doing wrong?
I presume you DO have IP V4 enabled and not just IP V6?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I presume you DO have IP V4 enabled and not just IP V6?
Can you surf the Internet without IPV4?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #18
gypsyman
gypsyman began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Nook
Thank you all. It was my firewall. I opened it up for Calibre and can now connect with no problem.
gypsyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #19
MasterCATZ
MasterCATZ began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I am actually starting to think amazon is somehow blocking kindles from accessing calibre servers

I upgraded to 8.40 and month or so ago and a few days ago tried accessing server .. my new kindle refused to load the page

I got my old kindle back ( bookmarked and user login saved )
and it also refused to load

using another Pc I verified nothing was wrong on my end

so I used a proxy site on the kindle to go to my calibre page .. it loaded !!

forwarded 80 port to another web service on my system and its web page loaded
re forwarded to calibre web service .. kindle refused to open

currently building a 0.8.44 install and seeing if issue is corrected

still a no go for me !!

and 8.47 is not yet ported to FreeBSD

Your Kindle is unable to load requested page

is what is displayed when ever trying to access calibre
yet every other of my webui's opens when bound to port 80

if I use https://proxify.com
I can access my calibre page

well its got me beat maybe some networking setting I changed last weeks messing with caliber

I edited its default html files to have very basic "IT works" Display

everything but kindle loads it still

running out of idea's here

added a password to server again

it brings up the calibre auth page
enter U and P
it logs in then does the
unable to load page error

*EDIT*

ok
default calibre does not load anymore
/mobile does not load anymore
/old does load ..
but has
Errorarseerror typeError. result of expression data null is not an object

will put calibre on a windows pc to see if it it still plays up or not

*edit*

ok

8.47 on a windows pc worked .. I will just have to wait for a updated binary port to try again

*edit*

is their such a thing as to many books ?

I can run portable on windows and calibre server on kindle works ( page loads )
I then point it to my library with 70k + books .. kindles refuses to load page ?

*edit*

well I seem to have found the issue

fresh calibre install with 1x book it all works with mobile version

add in my main library 0f 70k+ books .. kindle refuses to load
how would the book count effect it ?

it seems to be the mobile version is not working well with my book collection
if I use /browse instead of /mobile it all works

even trying to use the mobile version on the pc locally the page does not load after a lot of books seem to be added

Last edited by MasterCATZ; 04-14-2012 at 09:56 PM.
MasterCATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #20
Deljah
Enthusiast
Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Deljah can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Android tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Open a command prompt
type: ipconfig /all
Then scroll till you find Local area connection (if wired, and if you have not renamed it)
or Wireless LAN if that is your poision
Thanks for your posts on this thread! They were exactly what I needed to get the calibre content server working for me. I am able to access my calibre library on my tablet (Acer Iconia) through the browser. I have also set it up as a catalog in Aldiko on the tablet.

Couple of questions:

-I'll need to leave my laptop, which runs calibre, on and open at all times, in order to have mobile access, right? I believe I read somewhere that it's okay if the laptop (an HP) goes to sleep.

-I cannot access the library through the browser (or Aldiko) on my phone. The instructions said that setting the output profile to tablet would work for phones also. I appreciate any advice on this. My phone is a Droid X.
Deljah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #21
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If your Calibre server goes to sleep. Zzzz to access.

If your wired Laptop can be made to support WOL (wake on LAN) and you can send it the 'Magic packet' from your readers, you should be good after a short pause for the server to come awake fully. (No don't ask me how to do this )

Your phone is NOT WiFi on your LAN, so that IP will not work.

You would need to find your WAN IP (it is dynamic. It changes ) of your router and also set Port forwarding to the Server IP.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #22
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If your wired Laptop can be made to support WOL (wake on LAN) and you can send it the 'Magic packet' from your readers, you should be good after a short pause for the server to come awake fully. (No don't ask me how to do this )
This might help for an Android device to send the WoL... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...igan.wol&hl=en
Old 07-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #23
theducks
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
This might help for an Android device to send the WoL... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...igan.wol&hl=en
You da Rooster
Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #24
DaddyO57
DaddyO57 began at the beginning.

Device: ZiiO 10"
I have a Creative ZiiO 7" tablet that I synced with my desktop running Linux Mint 12 using Firefox as my browser. Initially I had no problem accessing the Calibre server.

I then upgraded to calibre 0.8.8 and tried to sync a 2nd tablet, Creative ZiiO 10" and was unable to do so. I receive this error message

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 606, in respond
cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/utils.py", line 51, in do
ans = func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/content.py", line 144, in index
return self.browse_catalog()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/browse.py", line 205, in do
ans = func(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/browse.py", line 565, in browse_catalog
ans = self.browse_toplevel()
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/browse.py", line 392, in browse_toplevel
return self.browse_template('name').format(title='',
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/server/browse.py", line 277, in browse_template
ans = ans.replace('{prefix}', self.opts.url_prefix)
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

When I type in the local IP address at the browser, I get the reply that firefox cannot establish a connection to the server at that address.

Removed the firewall software, have tried port 8787 instead of 8080. Deleted and reinstalled Calibre.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted!
DaddyO57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #25
bluetdi1
bluetdi1 began at the beginning.

Device: itouch
Calibre Server External Connection

I'm running tomato firmware on a linksys router. I have port forwarded in tomato. I have checked firewall on the PC (wireless) running the Calibre-server. Inside my network I have full access to the Calibre server. I cannot figure out how to gain access to the calibre-server outside of my network. I want my son who lives in Virginia to access the books on the calibre server. I have used ipconfig/all to determine the default gateway of the pc(wireless) running the calibre server.
It seems ?? the router is blocking, but can't figure it out. I'm certainty no router expert but am I missing something?
My ISP is comcast, windows 7 64 bit, tomato 1.25, Linksys WRT54GL. Internet comes into a my cable modem, to the router out to wired and wireless PC's all running windows 7.
Thanks
Bluetdi1
bluetdi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #26
theducks
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetdi1 View Post
I'm running tomato firmware on a linksys router. I have port forwarded in tomato. I have checked firewall on the PC (wireless) running the Calibre-server. Inside my network I have full access to the Calibre server. I cannot figure out how to gain access to the calibre-server outside of my network. I want my son who lives in Virginia to access the books on the calibre server. I have used ipconfig/all to determine the default gateway of the pc(wireless) running the calibre server.
It seems ?? the router is blocking, but can't figure it out. I'm certainty no router expert but am I missing something?
My ISP is comcast, windows 7 64 bit, tomato 1.25, Linksys WRT54GL. Internet comes into a my cable modem, to the router out to wired and wireless PC's all running windows 7.
Thanks
Bluetdi1
Are you sure you have the port forward set up correctly

Incoming port 8080

forward to the IP of your PC(calibre_server) : 192.168.0.NN (:8080 <- the port in Calibre-server config) Mode is TCP

Last edited by theducks; 03-16-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 03-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #27
bluetdi1
bluetdi1 began at the beginning.

Device: itouch
thanks for your reply.
I'm using or trying to use 3030 instead of 8080. Is 8080 hard wired?? you have to use it?
bluetdi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #28
theducks
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetdi1 View Post
thanks for your reply.
I'm using or trying to use 3030 instead of 8080. Is 8080 hard wired?? you have to use it?
Not Hardwired.

You just need to Match the port forward in the router with whatever you setup the Server config. The calibre default is: 8080

Note: do try and avoid 'traditional' TCP ports (< 4digits)
Old 05-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #29
Research
Research began at the beginning.

Device: Android device
Question Calibre ebook on ubuntu server

Hello.
How to configure calibre on ubuntu server ti use from external IP, without GUI?
I have installed latest version from official site and it's work only in our LAN.
Research is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:18 PM   #30
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up

You need to configure your router to forward traffic on a given port to the IP / port of your server; so nothing should have to change within the configuration of calibre itself.