Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
KDA1
KDA1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 wifi
Easily move to Collection

Will someone please tell me how to move a book to a specific Collection on my Kindle 4 NT without using Calibre? Yes, I assume it's done locally.

It would be easier and faster for me to add a book to a Collection without having to reset my Kindle or manage my collection content with Calibre.

The answer to your initial query is, "because I want to".

I'm running Linux.
KDA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
AFAIK the only other way to do it (besides Calibre) would be to create and manage the collections on the device.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...0728570#k4sort
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
KDA1
KDA1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 wifi
How?

How do I accomplish that?

What does AFIAK mean?
KDA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDA1 View Post
How do I accomplish that?

What does AFIAK mean?
As far as I know...

The link I posted above shows how to add, delete & manage collections on the device.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:28 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The link I posted above shows how to add, delete & manage collections on the device.
As, indeed, does the User Guide.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
I guess he wants an app instead of that awful Calibre plugin. http://www.colegate.net/KindleCollectionManager/
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
Blossom
Grand Sorcerer
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW/K4B/K4S/K3+3G KF1/KFHD2/N7.2/SGP 4.2 SGP 5.0/LG Vortex
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDA1 View Post
Will someone please tell me how to move a book to a specific Collection on my Kindle 4 NT without using Calibre? Yes, I assume it's done locally.

It would be easier and faster for me to add a book to a Collection without having to reset my Kindle or manage my collection content with Calibre.

The answer to your initial query is, "because I want to".

I'm running Linux.
Kindle for PC will let you sync your collections. You will need to have the books installed on your Kindle and in the Kindle content folder on your PC. I see your running Linux so I am not sure if Kindle 4 PC is supported but you can look into it.
Blossom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
As, indeed, does the User Guide.
Well that's a given, but I don't think most folks ever look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
I guess he wants an app instead of that awful Calibre plugin. http://www.colegate.net/KindleCollectionManager/
Which is for Windows, not Linux. (Maybe it'll run under Wine???)
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
I missed the Linux part. Sorry.
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote