Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindlePW + iPad3 + SGP5 + ClipZip
Sale at BetterWorldBooks

BetterWorldBooks is a having a sale - 2 books for $9.00, plus $4.00 for each additional book. The sale is on a select list of used books, and runs from now to Feb 14, 2012. More details can be found here.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
BetterWorldBooks is a having a sale - 2 books for $9.00, plus $4.00 for each additional book. The sale is on a select list of used books, and runs from now to Feb 14, 2012. More details can be found here.
That's odd...the e-mail I got from them said 2 books for $5 and then $2.50 for each additional book, all, of course, from their "sale" list:

Quote:
Here's how it works: You shop while you're at work, and get 2 used books for $5 at our sale category. Each book after that is $2.50.

Just to be clear about the rules, you do not have to be at work to shop the sale. That way, those bizarre people who insist on staying on-task until they get home can still get the full discount.

(Offer is valid on used books from sale category. Does not apply to new books or books from other sellers. If you're not sure if a book is on sale, check for the sale tag on its page.)
The link I got is here, hopefully affiliate-tagless since it came straight from their e-mail:

http://cl.exct.net/?qs=b5b8a026c4f96...c9a8f61066bb3b

And, as an aside, the sale page comes with a cute little "boss button" that you can push if you're at work and the boss comes in - it throws up a nice little graph of some nonsense... Too bad I work for myself....
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^Hmm, when I click your link it takes me to the same 2-for-$9 ... sale

I'm not in the US so maybe my location accounts for the difference?

(And I never saw the Boss button until you mentioned it!)
Old 02-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
It shows "2 for $5" when I click the link.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Loosheesh
Wizard

Well, that's confirmed - it's my location. I turned on my Hotspot Shield and now the link is showing me the 2-for-$5 deal. I bought 4 books earlier today and was so happy it only cost me $17, and now I learn it could've been as little as $10 ... bummer