Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Cover images on the Paperwhite

I'm having some problems trying to figure this out.

Some of my covers are the rectangular covers (most are actually) and then there are the glaring few that are smaller boxes.

How do I fix this? I try to fix it. I know it's nit-picky, but I like uniformity. I know, I know, it doesn't have to be pretty to function, but I sure would like it.

Tried doing searches on the google box, but all I came up with were things with the Kindle Fire.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
ixtab
0x2A
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
This has recently (as in: "in the last few days") been discussed here. I believe that the best way is to use a calibre plugin named "resize cover" - most probably this one. This is only hearsay - haven't used it personally, but maybe it's what you need, or helps you in finding the relevant posts.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you! I'll check this out and see where it takes me.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard

Perfect! Appreciate the help, it worked fantastic!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #5
TheSacredSoul
Mithrandir
TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
And on this topic, what resolution is best for the PW? I am using the default 450X680 but I dont have the PW in hand to check it out...
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

That's what I'm using and they look crisp using the cover view of the paperwhite
Old 01-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #7
TheSacredSoul
Mithrandir
TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSacredSoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
That's what I'm using and they look crisp using the cover view of the paperwhite
Awesome cheers!
TheSacredSoul is offline   Reply With Quote