Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: do you like kite?
yes 52 91.23%
no 5 8.77%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #76
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Eh? #1 please explain how you use Kite in this scenario (for starting/stopping USB networking?) - does this have to do with Kite after all? You're jumping on lots of threads and starting lots of new threads and the impression prevails you should spend some minutes and read over what has already been documented and explained.

That said, #2: What "USB connected screen"? There shouldn't be any when using USB networking. If there is, please give a description how you're using USB networking.

As an aside note: I think Kite, which has always been a source of some minor instability issues, is now practically superceded by KUAL.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #77
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
Since your profile mentions a Kindle4, this behavior may happen under certain circumstances (namely, bypassing volumd). Make sure you use a recent USBNet version, it's been fixed for a while.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #78
betaz
betaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheesebetaz can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
Kite not working :-(

*UPDATE*
Now it's working. The only thing I did was to reboot several times the kindle. I've tried rebooting it before but without luck. After some more reboots it just started working. Weird.

I have Kindle 3 wifi 3.4. I've installed kite with no problem, but it seems to be not working properly. When I added the screensaver.sh file, it was moved to the unused folder and no screen_saver dir was created (and accordingly no new screen savers are displayed).

I also tried installing the kindlepdfreader copying the links (KPDF*) in the root folder, but they are not shown in the main screen of the kindle.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
Beta

Last edited by betaz; 08-15-2013 at 04:01 AM.
betaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #79
Ian.M
Connoisseur
Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!Ian.M will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle 3 GB 3G

ReadabilityMod
(K3 Experimental Browser: Article Mode fix for links that open in a new window) now packaged for KITE.

Last edited by Ian.M; 02-05-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Ian.M is offline   Reply With Quote