Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #31
GeckoFriend
Fanatic
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T-1, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I've tried my Dad's Kindle. He loves it, but it's just not for me.

On the other hand, we lost our power (heck, we lost our powerlines!) for a week after the surprise Halloween snowstorm we had a few months ago, and it was great being able to pop a new set of AAs into the JBL, flip open a drug store book-lite, and keep reading. No need to search for some way to charge up a USB device!

So, yeah, if we're lucky we find readers with quirks that match ours!
What is a JBL and where can I buy one?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #32
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFriend View Post
What is a JBL and where can I buy one?
Do a search on Jetbook Lite
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
cromag
Surfing the alpha waves ~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Jetbook Mini, Netbook, and two Androids
The Jetbook Lite has been discontinued, but a few retailers still have them.

I'd urge some caution. It tends to be a device that people either love or hate. I hesitate to recommend it because I've learned that my tastes are ... less than universal.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #34
GeckoFriend
Fanatic
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T-1, Kindle Fire
rdfry and cromag

Thanks for the info on JBL. I am intrigued by the idea of having a second ereader that doesn't depend on electricity.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #35
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
I've had the Sony T1 since Friday, and there have been no overt attempts at mayhem by the Kindle so far. But then, I don't know what she's up to when I'm sleeping. I think the fact that I've decided to keep all Kindle Freebies on the Kindle and all others on the Sony has satisfied her. (I don't just hoard the free books, I actually read them, so she'll still get attention.)
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #36
AgentOrange
Coffee Monster
AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.AgentOrange has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPod Touch
I have this problem with the ebook apps on my iPod. I love my iBooks, but I like how Stanza can grab my ebooks from Calibre, and if I'm planning on getting a Kindle Fire, well then it might be handy to have the Kindle app! I'm just so torn and confused! Right now I have Kobo and iBooks existing together, but I have them on seperate screens so maybe they won't find out about each other...
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote