2000-2499 6 11.76%
2500-1299 3 5.88%
3000-4999 10 19.61%
Over 5000 6 11.76%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Pages Read Per Month

How many pages do you read a month?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Ginormous Intergalactic
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
These days the average seems to be around 1,200 to 1,500 pages.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
How would I know? I read ebooks that mostly don't have page numbers.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I'm not sure how many, but it is around 4000 a month. I've learned to guestimate location & page numbers.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Assorted Nooks
Huge variations from one month to another for me. At the moment probably around 1500, some months 1000 other months 3-4000. Just estimates, cause I don't keep any statistics at all.
(My devices show page numbers that are roughly the same as paper book pages)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I read about 2 books a month... more when I have more free time after work
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad, iPod touch
I figure I read about 5 books a month, at an average of 300 pages each would be 1500 pages a month.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
latepaul
Fanatic
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7, Kindle PW2
This year so far is higher but based on last year it was ~900
latepaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
I chose 1600-1999, which was my overall average from last year, but this year I read nearly 4000 pages in January.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy SII
I have done a lot of reading since getting an eBook reader for Christmas
My Goodreads stats put me at 4053, some books have missing page numbers and a couple are for February, but that is nearly a months reading
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
cjr72
Groupie
cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cjr72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I have no idea. I know some are very proud of how much they read and others are just measurebators but the last thing I want to do while trying to get lost in a book is keep track of how many pages I'm reading.
cjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - 3G, Fire HD2, Paperwhite 2
4,700 in January and 900 so far in February. I get my page counts from Amazon or other sources for the hardback if the e-book doesn't have it or Amazon doesn't list it for the e-book. Same thing for Baen e-books, etc.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #13
HomeInMyShoes
Ginormous Intergalactic
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
I choose 1,000 to 1,299. Last year I averaged over 1,300, but that's probably a little high for the most part.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #14
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I average around 3000+ pages a month. That's if I don't suffer from a reading slump or if no other obligations get in the way.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Generally I read 200-400 pages a day. I am semi retired (work 6 months a year) so I have more time for reading than most. I generally read at the rate of 800 words a minute.

A bit anal of me to know this, and up to about a week ago I didn't. Saw a post on MR that stated that 45 pages per minute was considered fast in Holland. Was curious so looked up average reading times etc. Got more curious and put little kitchen timer beside my bed Looked up page numbers in stores to see how they coincided to page numbers in my reader.

Then I saw article(s) about Harry Bloom who read 10,000 words per hour in his prime, and has been reduced to 5,000 word per hour now that he has aged. With close to perfect retention. That is humbling.

The timer is back on it's shelf over the stove.

Helen

Last edited by speakingtohe; 02-07-2012 at 02:51 PM.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote