Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #31
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Ken Maltby's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,958
Karma: 3910175
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Heart of Texas
Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by melajara View Post
If what you say is true, then a page containing a text with a tiny colored image would look worse than the same text from a page without the colored image, could you confirm this?

Color is not essential to me but crisp text from 2 columns research papers produced from LaTeX are the main rationale for this purchase.

Of course, there is still the Onyx Boox M92 and the Hanvon WiseReader E920 to consider, do you know if those are substantially better than the Ectaco color JetBook when rendering b/w documents?
The jetBook Color is essentially the Hanvon WiseReader C920, with Ectaco
firmware. The Hanvon WiseReader E920 appears to be the same as the
Hanvon WiseReader C920, without the color filter layer on the display. The
Ectaco Color's firmware appears to have addressed some of the issues that
were raised against the original Hanvon firmware's performance, but then
they also created a device tailored to the educational market and the
stipulations of the Russian contract.

So, logic would suggest that the Hanvon WiseReader E920, being a high res
b/w device, it would then be the better renderer of b/w documents. That is
only true as far as the hardware capabilities are concerned. There are many
examples of the critical difference that the firmware makes with this type of
device, so some caution is advised.

http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/eb...ucts-E920.html

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-10-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #32
andyh2000
Fanatic
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
andyh2000's Avatar
 
Posts: 567
Karma: 1568694
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini phone / Kindle 4 Black / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by melajara View Post
Hello,

Nice review.

Me too I'm interested in acquiring a color Jetbook to read technical pdf and research papers.

Could you try this one
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/f...esentation=PDF

and report how the jetBook is handling this 2 columns document with colored diagrams (e.g. page 7). Besides, could you show us how the Jetbook is handling the same document with pure b/w text (e.g. page 9)

Thanks
Here's a reasonable photo of that document with the margins cut off. The text is still small, but I suspect it's small if you print it on paper too.

And I can assure you that black and white text looks the same whether or not there is colour anywhere on the same page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	biology.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	82425

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #33
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit
 
Posts: 356
Karma: 60546
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The jetBook Color is essentially the Hanvon WiseReader C920, with Ectaco
firmware. The Hanvon WiseReader E920 appears to be the same as the
Hanvon WiseReader C920, without the color filter layer on the display. The
Ectaco Color's firmware appears to have addressed some of the issues that
were raised against the original Hanvon firmware's performance, but then
they also created a device tailored to the educational market and the
stipulations of the Russian contract.

So, logic would suggest that the Hanvon WiseReader E920, being a high res
b/w device, it would then be the better renderer of b/w documents. That is
only true as far as the hardware capabilities are concerned. There are many
examples of the critical difference that the firmware makes with this type of
device, so some caution is advised.

http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/eb...ucts-E920.html

Luck;
Ken
Do you have any idea about the size of these companies? It would be interesting to know how many programmers are working there, how many readers are sold etc.
This would supply some perspective to the future development of software features.
Some companies as Onys or Pocketbook seem to be so small that improvements happen only at a snails pace. And one step forward always seems to imply at least half a step back ...
This appears to be different with Hanvon and especially Ectaco, but who knows.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #34
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Ken Maltby's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,958
Karma: 3910175
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Heart of Texas
Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Do you have any idea about the size of these companies? It would be interesting to know how many programmers are working there, how many readers are sold etc.
This would supply some perspective to the future development of software features.
Some companies as Onys or Pocketbook seem to be so small that improvements happen only at a snails pace. And one step forward always seems to imply at least half a step back ...
This appears to be different with Hanvon and especially Ectaco, but who knows.
Hmm... perhaps size is not always a good predictor of performance.

Sometimes the smaller leaner company can respond faster than a larger one.
There are benefits to having the resources of a larger firm, as well. If I
could predict how well a company is able to meet the needs of the market,
and was willing to invest, I might be a wealthy man.

There may be stock market research on those companies that could provide
you some of that information.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #35
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
ProDigit's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,157
Karma: 9023682
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami FL
Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, Jetbook Mini, Jetbook Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
Here's a reasonable photo of that document with the margins cut off. The text is still small, but I suspect it's small if you print it on paper too.

And I can assure you that black and white text looks the same whether or not there is colour anywhere on the same page.

Attachment 82425

Andrew
I know it probably been mentioned on numerous occasions, but which program do you use for cutting off the margins?
Are there any good (and free) programs out there that can cut margins?

At the moment, I don't see many issues with pdf's on the color, as they all seem to be readable. However, a program that can cut margins, could increase font by 1 or 2 pt!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #36
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.
 
Posts: 621
Karma: 3526
Join Date: Jun 2011
Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Do you have any idea about the size of these companies? It would be interesting to know how many programmers are working there, how many readers are sold etc.
This would supply some perspective to the future development of software features.
Some companies as Onys or Pocketbook seem to be so small that improvements happen only at a snails pace. And one step forward always seems to imply at least half a step back ...
This appears to be different with Hanvon and especially Ectaco, but who knows.
I own an Asus EeeNote 800. No updates since I bough the device
Asus is big but doesn't follow your rule.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #37
andyh2000
Fanatic
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
andyh2000's Avatar
 
Posts: 567
Karma: 1568694
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini phone / Kindle 4 Black / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I know it probably been mentioned on numerous occasions, but which program do you use for cutting off the margins?
Are there any good (and free) programs out there that can cut margins?

At the moment, I don't see many issues with pdf's on the color, as they all seem to be readable. However, a program that can cut margins, could increase font by 1 or 2 pt!
I use Briss which is free (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83053) or there's PDF scissors which some people prefer (http://www.pdfscissors.com/) or if you own Acrobat Pro that would do it too.

Andrew

Last edited by andyh2000; 02-12-2012 at 05:14 AM.
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #38
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit
 
Posts: 356
Karma: 60546
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
I own an Asus EeeNote 800. No updates since I bough the device
Asus is big but doesn't follow your rule.
Which rule do you refer to?
Being of a certain size in my opinion is a prerequisite for being able to develop
hardware and implement software : if you want it precisely, it is a necessary, not a sufficient condition.
By the way: I bought an Asus EA 800 and returned it ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #39
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit
 
Posts: 356
Karma: 60546
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Hmm... perhaps size is not always a good predictor of performance.

Sometimes the smaller leaner company can respond faster than a larger one.
There are benefits to having the resources of a larger firm, as well. If I
could predict how well a company is able to meet the needs of the market,
and was willing to invest, I might be a wealthy man.

There may be stock market research on those companies that could provide
you some of that information.

Luck;
Ken
None of the bigger companies went under, the small ones seem to struggle - talking about ereaders, that is.

I didn't talk about stock market capitalization.
If a company just employs one part-time programmer I do not expect much.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #40
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.
 
Posts: 621
Karma: 3526
Join Date: Jun 2011
Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Which rule do you refer to?
Being of a certain size in my opinion is a prerequisite for being able to develop
hardware and implement software : if you want it precisely, it is a necessary, not a sufficient condition.
By the way: I bought an Asus EA 800 and returned it ...
Then your above statement has no support
You are saying that you prefer the company to be big but you can not bet that they will develop the software better. It is just an assumption like the one made buy the Onyx buyers when they bought M92

Re EA800: I am thinking about the same. Did you send t back to Chine? I ordered mine from Taiwan... so I am thinking about reselling it.
The hardware is OK but ..the software sucks!
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #41
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Ken Maltby's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,958
Karma: 3910175
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Heart of Texas
Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
None of the bigger companies went under, the small ones seem to struggle - talking about ereaders, that is.

I didn't talk about stock market capitalization.
If a company just employs one part-time programmer I do not expect much.
All companies "struggle", even the divisions of the very large companies.
Not all products of the larger companies have the term of existence they
might be expected to have. Nor are they all aggressively marketed world
wide. Death by corporate decision is not at all uncommon.

My mention of the data made available, for investors primarily, about a
company will often include the type of data you are interested in, often to
include the hiring of individual assets, with a synopsis of their professional
history.

I guess I have again made the foolish assumption that someone was interested
in actually obtaining the information, but as usual the inquiry was
only to make a point. There is no intent to actually spend the effort to
follow any suggestion that might lead to an answer to the question.

Oh, well.

Luck,
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:31 AM   #42
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit
 
Posts: 356
Karma: 60546
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
All companies "struggle", even the divisions of the very large companies.
Not all products of the larger companies have the term of existence they
might be expected to have. Nor are they all aggressively marketed world
wide. Death by corporate decision is not at all uncommon.


I guess I have again made the foolish assumption that someone was interested
in actually obtaining the information, but as usual the inquiry was
only to make a point. There is no intent to actually spend the effort to
follow any suggestion that might lead to an answer to the question.

Oh, well.

Luck,
Ken
Sorry, but I am still interested in the answer to the question I asked. Judging by your many helpful contributions I thought you might have some idea how many people are involved in the development of "fringe" products by PB, Onyx, Ectaco.
So this was a precise question and you seemed to digress into rather general territitory instead of just saying "I have no idea".
To relate the size of a company to the actual success of a reader in my opinion is not far fetched: people using PB, Onyx, Ectaco do not seem to be as satisfied as people using, Kobo, Sony, Kindle, B&N.
And that is because they release working products. Firmware is improved when necessary(or in some cases like the DX you can notice that nothing happens any more).
PB, Onyx, Ectaco seem to throw more or less experimental products on the market - and users hope for improvements.
As I am primarily interested in the Jetbook Color, it is of importance to know how many devices they produce or how many people are involved in the developing the software.
I they would have come out with a "perfect" device all the questions would be obsolete.
I hope I made myself clear - and I didn't want to make any "points"...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #43
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Ken Maltby's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,958
Karma: 3910175
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Heart of Texas
Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Sorry, but I am still interested in the answer to the question I asked. Judging by your many helpful contributions I thought you might have some idea how many people are involved in the development of "fringe" products by PB, Onyx, Ectaco.
So this was a precise question and you seemed to digress into rather general territitory instead of just saying "I have no idea".
To relate the size of a company to the actual success of a reader in my opinion is not far fetched: people using PB, Onyx, Ectaco do not seem to be as satisfied as people using, Kobo, Sony, Kindle, B&N.
And that is because they release working products. Firmware is improved when necessary(or in some cases like the DX you can notice that nothing happens any more).
PB, Onyx, Ectaco seem to throw more or less experimental products on the market - and users hope for improvements.
As I am primarily interested in the Jetbook Color, it is of importance to know how many devices they produce or how many people are involved in the developing the software.
I they would have come out with a "perfect" device all the questions would be obsolete.
I hope I made myself clear - and I didn't want to make any "points"...
Nor do you want to do the research yourself, you seem to expect an answer
handed to you. My reply suggested a means for you to get the information
you are requesting, but that would involve some effort on your part.

I consider my reply to have been a "helpful contribution". I do not agree
with your assumptions that would motivate me to do that research. If you
are still actually seeking that information, you might consider the potential
sources I mentioned. If that effort is too much for you, who sees it as of
value, why would you expect me to spend my time and resources to do it
for you?

Also, there is no "perfect" device, anymore than there is a "Best" device.

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; I don't know about the others but Ectaco has a pretty good record of
continuing efforts and firmware releases that have significantly improved the
jetBooks. They were even one of the first to have Adobe Reader Mobile 9.1.1
working on a dedicated reader. Now they have a completely new firmware and
software suite tailoring a brand new device to the academic market, all before
the general release of of the device itself. So Ectaco seems to have the
programming capability needed and a history of using it.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 02-13-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #44
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.
 
Posts: 621
Karma: 3526
Join Date: Jun 2011
Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
@Beryll
"people using PB, Onyx, Ectaco do not seem to be as satisfied as people using, Kobo, Sony, Kindle, B&N."

You seem to forget that the two categories of users have different requirements.
The first category are (in my view) users who want decent PDF reading. I assure you that I am super happy with my Nook Touch. We have a Kobo in the house and I can tell you that is disappointing although my wife who just reads epub books on it is very happy with it. She just reads. At least a couple of months ago highlighting side loaded books was tricky and required renaming the file and doing some tricks

I am still looking for a Entourage Edge at at decent price just because of his 10" matt screen... the ezPDF reader application running on my Entourage Pocket is extraordinary!

Your statement quoted above has no support in my opinion.
Would you be able to say in what respect the 6" models coming from PB, Onyx, Ectaco are far behind the ones coming from Kobo, Sony, Kindle, B&N? I have no idea but since you made that statement you must know and you made me curious...
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #45
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit
 
Posts: 356
Karma: 60546
Join Date: Oct 2010
Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
@Beryll

Would you be able to say in what respect the 6" models coming from PB, Onyx, Ectaco are far behind the ones coming from Kobo, Sony, Kindle, B&N? I have no idea but since you made that statement you must know and you made me curious...
I was referring to the large-screen readers of PB, Onyx, Ectaco - which was pretty obvious if you have followed the discussions ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comparison Jetbook Lite x Sony PRS-350 jorlando Ectaco jetBook 9 01-15-2011 12:32 AM
iPad vs Kindle vs Color Nook comparison Bic Which one should I buy? 5 12-15-2010 12:32 PM
APPLE iPAD E-reader vs Jetbook Video Kris777 Which one should I buy? 30 04-12-2010 01:24 AM
Looking for comparison of IPad relection/glare vs Sony Readers with Touch Screen MerLock Sony Reader 3 04-07-2010 11:11 AM
Amazon Kindle/Sony PRS-700/Sony PRS-505 Comparison Photos chrissy Which one should I buy? 18 05-06-2009 01:25 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.