Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #1
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
[libprs500] problem converting a couple of LIT's

I've been using libprs500 for about a week or so and I've successfully converted a few books from LIT to LRF. I just bought two non-DRM LIT's (the first two volumes in a series) from Fictionwise and tried to convert them, but something's wrong. When I add the books to the library, libprs500 displays the entire pathname where the books are located, instead of just the title. When I try to convert them, the process fails and prints spew like this:

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Failed to perform job: Convert book:C:/<pathname snipped>.lit
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "libprs500\gui2\jobs.pyo", line 97, in run
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 140, in main
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\any\convert_from.pyo", line 117, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\lit\convert_from.pyo", line 63, in process_file
File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\opf.pyo", line 118, in __init__
File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\opf.pyo", line 188, in get_isbn
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

Is this a problem with the formatting of the books, or is it a bug with libprs500?
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What version of libprs500 are you using? What is the command line options you used?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2007, 12:34 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
upgrade to 0.4.27
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
Ah, such a simple solution, and yet it didn't occur to me to see if there was a newer version. Thanks very much! Terrific program, by the way. I have yet to try it as a replacement for Sony's ebook library program, but even just using it as a conversion tool, it's become indispensable.

One other thing...whenever I go to to the libprs500 website, Internet Explorer complains that there's a problem with the site's security certificate and recommends that I don't go there. Normally I would heed the words of IE, but since libprs500 has such a good reputation on these forums, I ignore the warning...though I thought I'd at least mention it.
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:23 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah I use a self-signed certificate, that means that communication between your computer and the server is encrypted but your computer has no way of confirming that my server is actually kovidgoyal.net
Advert
Old 12-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does 0.4.27 allow sorting of books in collections?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes that's been operational since 0.4.25
Old 12-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #8
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes that's been operational since 0.4.25
If it is I cant get it to work in 0.4.27?

I have 5 books and I have edited the meta data so they are in one series and I have then selected 'book 1' book 2' etc for the 5 books and I can not get them to show in the correct order? I have tried sorting by author and title and whilst the books are next to each other they are not in order.

can you explain how to do this kovid? thanks.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:08 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It sorts according to series order automatically. For any other kind of sorting just add the books one by one in the order you want them
Old 12-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

It doesnt though Kovid, the books I have numbered in a series are not showing in order!

can I just confirm i am talking about they are not showing in order in LibPRS.

5, 4, 2, 3, 1 is the order they show in if i sort by author, if I filter so only books from that series are showing I get them in 2, 1, 5, 3, 4.

??

Last edited by stustaff; 12-01-2007 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:36 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah you mean they are not showing in order in the libprs GUI?
Old 12-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #12
stustaff
Wizard

yes thats right, I cant check on the reader as its a christmas present from my wife so once I tested it was working it got packed away!

Its in the LibPRS GUI that I cant get them to show in order. I know in the first version of LibPRS (0.4.24) I tried they also didnt go in order on the reader but you said that was fixed in .25 which is great but I havent been able to test that.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm I'd have to think about how to implement this. Do I do a subsort on the author sort, or do I add another column that shows series and implement sorting on that.

In any case, open a ticket for this and I'll get it done. Sorting on the reader itself is implemented in .25
Old 12-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #14
stustaff
Wizard

Thanks Kovid, I think you have plenty of screen space to add a 'series' column AND I think thats the way it would have to be done... after all some series have multiple authors, Take the star wars novels for example ove 50 books in that series with many different authors.

Thanks again

Stu
Old 12-02-2007, 04:40 AM   #15
stustaff
Wizard

Just to confirm series order in the reader itself now works perfectly.