Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #16
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Veronika, entschuldige, dass ich mich in Deutsch reinhänge, aber wenn es auf Genauigkeit ankommt, ist das manchmal einfacher:
Der Pocketedge hat sowohl auf der Originalverpackung als auch auf dem Gerät selbst das CE-Zeichen! Auf dem Gerät ist das CE-Zeichen auf der Außenseite auf dem Steg, der die beiden Bildschirme zusammenhält. Und eine deutsche Bedienungsanleitung gibt es nicht (und wahrscheinlich auch keine Zollregelung, die die verlangt).
Eigentlich musst Du nur die Mehrwertsteuer nachzahlen, sonst überhaupt nichts.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #17
VWeed
Connoisseur
VWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheese

Device: PB701,PBPro603, PB623, EntourageEdge, EntouragePocketEdge, LGGPad,LGG2
Hallo Billi,

so erfuhr ich es zwischenzeitlich auch vom Verkäufer.
Der §$%&/ äh, nette Mensch vom Zoll hat ja auch eines dieser Zeichen gesehen und behauptet, es könne sich auch um eine Fälschung handeln und dies müsse überprüft werden. Solange bekomme ich das Gerät nicht.
Aber Jürgen fährt Montag hin und klärt das.
Mal sehen...

liebe Grüsse

Veronika

Short news.

Meanwhile I wrote to the seller and he aswered within one hour, that he sold such a lot of PE's in all the world, never getting problems with customs. This because the CE-sign will be on the case of the PE as well as on the case of the charger. As well there is a paper with a FCC-compilance with the device. The PE is worldwide legal to import, he said.

My sweathard is so so angry now about the customs, so he take free from work at monday and will visit their office to clear the problem from man to man...

Be afraid, monday afternoon I have to pay him out of jail with bail.
In moment, it seems just to be a chicane from the customs to hold back the PE.

Best wishes

Veronika

Last edited by VWeed; 02-03-2012 at 03:07 PM.
VWeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #18
VWeed
Connoisseur
VWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheeseVWeed can extract oil from cheese

Hi thgether,

since today mornig, my EE is welcoming me with a slider-unlock.
The settings-info says FW 2.1.2 and Frodo 0.9.
Because of your help the installing of the update went without problems.
Thanks a lot.

And meanwhile even I could find out, how to use the vertical slider in apps and documents.
I just have to wipe with the stylus in that direction I want. While the page scrolls a bigger button in the right side of the screen appears. If I'll click onto this and hold the stylus on it, I can scroll really faster through the pages when wipe the stylus on this button in vertical direction.
I really must be one of a few women with blond hairs and an IQ higher than the one of a turtle

When I demonstrated Juergen, what wonderful things the EE now can fulfill, he was totally uninterested, as every time I'm fill with enthusiasm about a computer. A reader that reaches his interest must have 6 or 8 cylinders and more then 200PS. I never will understanding men...

One thing more I found: After a long searchtime of in the Web, finitely I found a directive from a official german site that tells "Devices with a CE-sign on it MAY NOT be hold back by the customs, as well if they came from states outside the EU."

A printout of this document we take at monday to the customs (I 'll drive together with my husband for a second try to get the PE - unless I'll be afraid, that nothing will be cleared and just getting much more problems instead).
If the officer won't release the PE anyway, immediately I'll disposing a official complainment against this civil sergeant by his superior chief of office.
Because his doing isn't correct and he has no reason or just a clue for refusing the issuance of the PE.
As I thaught, it's just arbitrariness, missuse of clout and chicane from him.

get a nice weekend

dear wishes

Veronika
Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, PE, Note 8
@VWeed

Is it possible to talk with a different custom official then the dolt whom you are now having difficulties with?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #20
VWeed
Connoisseur

Hello Gunner,

unfortunately I saw just two persons in this little office. If were more, I couldn't seen them.
One is the man the other looks as a secretary. Don't know, if she's anything to told there. Probably not.
Will see at Monday, how it comes ;-)

dear wishes

Veronika
Old 02-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #21
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
You're smart and funny to read :-)

Handling of the scrollbar (tablet side) is improved on Ermine, still not perfect.

In the settings menus, there the scrollbar becomes a little more harassing to use.
Sometimes it seems to me that handling it on the Pocket Edge is a little easier.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-04-2012 at 03:22 PM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:19 PM   #22
VWeed
Connoisseur

Ciao Lorenzo,

thanks for your nice words and your hint about the scrollbar.
Actual I am satisfied with it, but if it's possible making things better the usage, I have nothing against also.
Tomorrow (better said today) I will take a look into the settings to find the point you told about.

best wishes

Vero
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
VWeed
Connoisseur

Jipeah, I've got it!

today morning a officer from the customs calle me by phone and told me, the PE is released. They'd sent the CE-number to somewhere and from there came the OK for the import. But with the permission to use the charger.

After midday I drove to them once again (alone, for saving the common peace), and really, I got the device with no problems. Just had to promise, not to use the charger. Well, we will see...
I couldn't believe, but I got the package in my hands and nobody hints me to leave with.

So now the PE is here and at the charger, cause a short test showed, the battery is empty. This time really empty, because there's no plastic part somewhere and after plugin the charger, the green light starts to blink.
I hope everything will be OK with the device.

The microSD-card is already prepared for using and the FW-update is in the root of the card. The PE-Update of course.

Tomorrow, I'll start to install the apps I've collected meanwhile and then the PE will get a cover of a wonderful presentpaper for surprising my loved little sister.

I'am so much be anxious to see her big eyes if she will unpacking the reader.

Yours

Vero

Last edited by VWeed; 02-06-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #24
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post

Handling of the scrollbar (tablet side) is improved on Ermine, still not perfect.

In the settings menus, there the scrollbar becomes a little more harassing to use.
Sometimes it seems to me that handling it on the Pocket Edge is a little easier.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out how to use the vertical scrollbar on the tablet side detailed instructions for a sub-turtle IQ would be very much appreciated ....
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #25
VWeed
Connoisseur

Hello Fekhner,

The settings Lorenzo talked about I couldn't find. But fast-scrolling works fine with me.

If I will scroll a long list, I just wipe with the stylus in the vertical direction I want and release the pressing if the list start scrolling for itself.
While the document scrolls for self, in the right side near the scrollbar a big gray button appears. If I tip and hold the stylus onto this button, I may wipe this button in the vertical much more faster through the lists than by usual scrolling.

best wishes

Vero
Old 02-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #26
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Veronika, if the charger has the same input voltages as your EE - INPUT 100-240v ~ 50/60Hz - then you, or your sister, will have no problem using it anywhere in Europe. If it has a fixed lead then all that is needed is to cut off the US plug and fit a standard 2 pin plug - I'm sure your husband can do that for you without problems, it also saves having to carry a travel adapter with the charger.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #27
VWeed
Connoisseur

Hello Ivanjt,

yes, if there woul'd be a cable at the line-in of the charger, Juergen were been able to swap the american plug against a german one.

Because the charger has a build-in plug in one case with the charger, the customs prohibites to use the origin charger since it has american-standard flat jacks.
In Germany we use round jacks, the american-plug won't match here.
If using a adapter, and plug this one into the wall mains socket before plugging the charger into the adapter it's a real existing risk of a power-surge. Because while plugging in the charger it's jacks are touchable by fingers.
This risk is high, so the german product-safety-office prohibites to import american-standard-chargers.

So the custom told - and I must promise him not to use this charger im Germany!

And really, when I tried this at home, I saw, what he has talked is true. You really can kill yourself with a charger like this and a adapter, if wrong plug-in order in using them.
So never plug in the adapter in the wall mains socket before connecting this with the charger!

But as smart as I am , I have fixed the charger with two-component-glue out of the work-box of my sweetheart together with the adapter, so my little sister may not split them any time again. So nothing can harm my loved sister anyway.

And everything is fine now. Juergen has controlled my work and has praisen my idea as good and safe (one of the rare moments, my brain works).

best wishes

Vero

P.S. My EE has come with a other power supply. At this, the charger was connected on both sides with lines. The input-cable was plugable and a line with a german plug was shipped with.
And... I bought the EE from Netherlands. So the dealer there probably had the same problems with import. And perhaps because of this an other, legal charger was delivered with the device.

Last edited by VWeed; 02-06-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 PM   #28
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Sorry Veronika, I didn't realise it was what the Americans call a 'wall wart' - a charger with built in plug.

What you did is what we would do except we tend to use nylon bolts as well as glue to hold the parts together. The main thing is that you have a safe unit for your sister.

I think the charger we have for the EE is standard for all other parts of the world other than the US because the advertising I saw for my unit mentioned different cables available for different countries. BTW, as far as I know the German and French plugs are interchangeable.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #29
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Can't wait to hear how your sister likes the PE, Veronika! I think it's a great gift. But then, I like mine a lot so I would think that!

When will you give it to her?
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #30
VWeed
Connoisseur

Hello my dear friends,

yesterday I have brought the PE to my little sister.
She was so much delighted and surprised about the present I couldn't tell.
Since she is a intelligent as me (even though her hair is brown ), she got no problems to understand the usage of the PE. I have updated the firmware, installed some readers for the LCD-display and copied all ebooks and MP3 I own onto her MicroSD-card in her new PE before I covered the PE in the presentpaper.
So she can use the PE with same apps I have installed in my EE also.
Thank's your help, I am the dearest related of my little sister now.
I am sure, this night she got no sleep in all. But she's a single jet and her boyfriend won't may stay with her over night - as I assume...

Since the import of the reader finaly has worked, today morning I have bought a PE from same seller as the last one for myself equally. This, cause I saw, the little brother of the EE is better in handling when lying in bed or somewhere else, and on the other hand, because Juergen yesterday confessed to me, he has ordered a new (much more big) car for himself.

Therefor yesterday I had drive with him hundreds of miles just to drop a short look onto his new dream-vehicle. For me this car is looking as every car. One engine, four wheels, seats and so on, covered in a case of metal.
And of all availiable colors he had to choose a black one. What normal person will buy a black car? Black really is no color. In opposite, it is the missing of colors!
Why in the world not one in red or a nice light blue?
Never will understand, how men can be so enthusiastic abour just a thing for locomotion.
Next life he should let reburn himself as a car-mechanic. Then he may merry a car instead a human lifeform, named woman.

And as I told before, penality is a must, if so expensive pay outs are nor comminicated between both partners.
Paradoxically he didn't say anything against my PE-order. Must be his bad conscience.

Well, in that case, in near future I will get a PE as well to my existing EE, PB Pro603 and PB IQ 701. This really should be enough then.

But... with the EE I have some problems perhaps since I'd updated the FW. ut nor sure, cause before not tested.
I am not able to order something in the android market. Neither payable Apps nor freeware.
First time it told, I have no account. So I build one at google.
Then it told, the payment method isn't correct. So I deposited my creditcard instead of the bank-account number.
At last the market says it's prohibited to sell into my country.
What do I wrong?

Is here somewhere a manual availiable, how to use the market?
I am really overburdened with - no idea what I could do for getting access to the marked.

Nearly same problems I have in every Android places. Nowhere I am able to download some stuff.

Dear wishes

Vero