Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-01-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
anoved
Enthusiast
anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPhone
Recipe for Strange Horizons magazine

Hi!

I've written a recipe to generate an ebook from the current issue of Strange Horizons, "a magazine of and about speculative fiction and related nonfiction". It's my first recipe (and my first Python script, for that matter), so there are a few rough edges, but I am quite pleased with it.

More details and the recipe itself can be found here:
github.com/anoved/Calibre-Recipe-for-Strange-Horizons

Feedback welcome.

Thanks,
Jim
anoved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 AM   #2
andyh2000
Fanatic
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Xperia Mini phone / Kindle 4 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoved View Post
Hi!

I've written a recipe to generate an ebook from the current issue of Strange Horizons, "a magazine of and about speculative fiction and related nonfiction". It's my first recipe (and my first Python script, for that matter), so there are a few rough edges, but I am quite pleased with it.

More details and the recipe itself can be found here:
github.com/anoved/Calibre-Recipe-for-Strange-Horizons

Feedback welcome.

Thanks,
Jim
That's great, thank you. And it works well as a periodical on a Sony PRS-T1.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
anoved
Enthusiast
anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anoved ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh2000 View Post
That's great, thank you. And it works well as a periodical on a Sony PRS-T1.
Thanks! I'm glad to know it appears as a periodical on other devices. I wasn't sure if that was specific to the Kindle output profile.
anoved is offline   Reply With Quote