Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Root Explorer not showing any files?

I just got Root Explorer to edit a line in my build.properties and i gave the program root access from the start... but there are NO programs listedn

I cant find any files or folders. i typed in a folder but it appeared empty except the double dots to go back a level.

im not tied to Root Explorer, but i cant get rs explorer but i dont know how to give it root.

Please help lol
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
rixeta
Enthusiast
rixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheese

Device: Edge Entourage
how did u root your device?
rixeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Latest version of ES File Explorer will also allow you to get at root files after you have rooted with z4root.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #4
jdm001
Connoisseur

Yes thanks, seems i either had a broken install or incorrect version. I had root and had the Superuser confirm it each time i ran Root Exp, but never showed any directories or files.

I used Z4 to reroot (to confirm, really) and no luck. I then downloaded File Explorer new version and it worked --unlike previous version that wouldnt let me edit system files.

I gave up and uninstalled Root Explorer.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
rixeta
Enthusiast
rixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheese

Device: Edge Entourage
well glad you made it out
rixeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
jdm001
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixeta View Post
well glad you made it out
lol Thanks! I knew I was doing it right, but was getting nothing... not even error messages. Drove me crazy.

Hopefully this thread helps others in the future!