Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #16
paulroberthill
paulroberthill began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi + 3G
Thanks fbdev, this works great! Never could remember the keyboard shortcuts for launchpad.
paulroberthill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #17
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

Device: kindle
bump.
fbdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #18
Heiner
Heiner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Kite on Kindle 4 NT?

Does Kite work on Kindle 4 NT?
Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Heiner: yes, but there is no installer, so you have to install it manually over script.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Kite USB network modification

Hi,

Sometimes when I run USBnetwork I want to know which mode it switched to. This is because for some reason on my Kindle a kite script will be run automatically (I think it may the the last one that I ran beacause maybe Kindle refreshes or reoopen the last "book").

Anyway, I modified the USB network script to do the following - display which mode it is going to (using eips).

Please see the below:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
kitersrc=/mnt/base-us/kite/.rsrc
kiteconfig=/mnt/base-us/kite/config
usbipv4=`head -1 $kiteconfig/usbipv4`
if lsmod|grep -q g_ether; then
	eips 10 11 "**** To Storage Mode ****"
	pkill xinetd
	rmmod g_ether
	modprobe g_file_storage
else
	eips 10 11 "**** To Ethernet Mode ****"
	rmmod g_file_storage
	modprobe g_ether
	ifconfig usb0 $usbipv4
	mount /mnt/base-us -o remount,exec
	$kitersrc/sbin/xinetd
fi
Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
Is this a possible "fix" (I use that term loosely) for the Kindle's that have failed Jailbreak? The ones with the empty systems folders?

I'm still holding onto mine. I bought another one and loaded Wubi on my computer and I'm learning that. There should to be a way to load the Kindle system file on to the K3 without the $24+ cable.

That great Wiki is all about the Kindle Touch and nothing on the K3? Is it just easier to unbrick the Touch?
The kindle will repopulate the USB drive if it reformats it. That will happen if it fails to mount during startup. You can cause that by erasing its partition. Or it would be a lot safer to just repopulate the missing system files yourself from the /opt directory. Examine the startup scripts to see how the system does it...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:02 PM   #22
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Um How is it I get it to work D: . I drop a file in the onboot folder........ then How do i make it open it.. please help me!
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote