Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
me9beautiful
me9beautiful began at the beginning.

Device: calibre
Error Not Able to open pdf format in calibre

Hi

Im facing this problem by yesterday im not able to open pdf in calibre,earlier it was working fine but i think after i hv uninstall kindle amazon this problem occure Please help

error"WindowsError: [Error -2147221003] Application not found: ......"

looking forward for suggustion

Thanx in advance
me9beautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #2
theducks
Grand Sorcerer
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by me9beautiful View Post
Hi

Im facing this problem by yesterday im not able to open pdf in calibre,earlier it was working fine but i think after i hv uninstall kindle amazon this problem occure Please help

error"WindowsError: [Error -2147221003] Application not found: ......"

looking forward for suggustion

Thanx in advance
Calibre may be set to use your computers PDF viewer (Adobe Reader or similar). Did you remove the systems default PDF viewer?

Preferences: Behavior: (right side) has the list of formats. Tick the one you prefer Calibre to try and show.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
me9beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre may be set to use your computers PDF viewer (Adobe Reader or similar). Did you remove the systems default PDF viewer?

Noop i hvnt remove or uninstall @system pdf viewer

Quote:
Preferences: Behavior: (right side) has the list of formats. Tick the one you prefer Calibre to try and show.
i did this but no solution problem is still there
Old 01-29-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
PeterT
Taking a break; Fed up
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
What happens if you launch a PDF outside of Calibre?
PeterT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #5
Divingduck
Fanatic
Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Divingduck can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Take a look on the file extension table (go to explorer, choose a PDF file, right-click, open with) and look what is link to the PDF extension. If there is nothing or a program shown what was deleted, you need to assign the extension new to a PDF reader. Or make a new installation of a PDF reader.
These problems coming up sometimes with uninstall of programs what use multiple file formats and you enable the program to take lead on those formats.

Last edited by Divingduck; 01-29-2012 at 05:51 AM.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #6
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
Foxit reader is a pretty good free one, if your having issues.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #7
me9beautiful

Thanx guys for your help

Problem solved...
Old 02-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #8
me9beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
Take a look on the file extension table (go to explorer, choose a PDF file, right-click, open with) and look what is link to the PDF extension. If there is nothing or a program shown what was deleted, you need to assign the extension new to a PDF reader. Or make a new installation of a PDF reader.
These problems coming up sometimes with uninstall of programs what use multiple file formats and you enable the program to take lead on those formats.

Thanx