Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
tym
Connoisseur
tym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five wordstym can name that ebook in five words

Device: nook touch
New Kindle page refresh

A little bit of information for anyone that might have bought the new Kindle (Talking about the $79-$109 one. Don't know if this will apply to the Touch or not):

Like the Nook it refreshes the screen every 6 page turns. Doing that eliminates the black flash you get with a page turn (Except for every 6th one). But some people say they can see ghosting because of it, a slight afterimage of the previous page behind the current one. If you don't like it Amazon has a solution.

This update works differently than others in that you have to download it to your PC and then transfer it to your Kindle via USB. It adds a new option in your settings that allows you to instruct your Kindle to refresh with every page turn like the older models did.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200774090
tym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Thanks for the info. This option is now standard with the software update that came out for the kindle a month or two ago.

I still haven't decided on my Kindle Touch whether to have it on or not....I left it off and I don't really notice the minimal amount of ghosting it leaves behind.

EDIT: Can't seem to delete my post but I notice the link you posted is to the software update I was referring to....so my post becomes rather useless

Last edited by mewmartigan; 01-21-2012 at 08:09 PM.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert