Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Kaysclie
Connoisseur
Kaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: nook color, kindle3, sony t1, simple touch with glowlight, nook HD+
Two Sony Stores on my computer

Weirdly enough, when I connected my sony T1 to my computer, it asked me if I wanted the sony software...which I thought meant updated software, since I also have a 505. Now I have two versions of their software.
Reader for PC(the newly downloaded version) and Reader Library(the older version from the 505 days. Should I delete the older Reader Library? This won't hurt anything, right?? Just need to check before I do anything
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; iPad Mini Retina; Sonys; Nooks
It's ok to have both software versions. If you have an older model and not the T1, then I wouldn't bother with the new software. The old software is much more stable and more reliable for syncing.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; iPad Mini Retina; Sonys; Nooks
Sorry missed the first part of your statement. The T1 is only recognized by the new software. I would give it a try first before you decide to use the new software with your 505 and permanently delete the old software.. I am still using the old software with my older models and the new software with the T1 only. I've also switched to calibre for my T1.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Kaysclie
Connoisseur
Kaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoonKaysclie knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: nook color, kindle3, sony t1, simple touch with glowlight, nook HD+
Thumbs up

Your advice makes good sense. Sounds like I should leave things as they are for now . Thanks for your help. I do still have the 505...so best keep the software that works with it!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote