Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #1
gteague
Enthusiast
gteague has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle v1.0
how to embed title and author

anyone know how to get kindle to recognize the title and author in a homemade ebook such as those created with mobipocket creator?

in other words, none of the text files i've sent over have an author listed when using the sort function and i need as many sort keys as possible as my content expands.

i've been all through the mobipocket creator help and online faq and i can't see how it's done. i even examined some .mobi files i'd gotten from mobipocket, but they display in hex and i'm just not good at picking out the relevant portions.

thanks in advance,

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
i think you need to use a different program to embed author and title info into the PRC file. is it called "mobipocket publisher" ?
not sure ...
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
gteague
Enthusiast
gteague has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle v1.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
i think you need to use a different program to embed author and title info into the PRC file. is it called "mobipocket publisher" ?
not sure ...
you're exactly right.

stupid of me really. when i installed mobipocket creator for some reason i selected the 'home' version instead of the 'publisher' version. perhaps i thought i had to pay for publisher.

at any rate, i had to uninstall completely to get the option back and now i have the metadata option under the view menu.

thanks for the accurate reply.

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
You could also edit the OPF file and add the additional metadata. A few of the allowed items are:

<dc:Title>Book Title Here</dc:Title>
<dc:Creator>Smith, John Q.</dc:Creator>
<dc:Language>en-us</dc:Language>
<dc:Date>11/26/2007</dc:Date>
Note that these seem to be case sensitive.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote