Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2016, 07:26 PM   #1
Sir Loyne
Sir Loyne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Does Overdrive Even Work?

When I first got my Aura One, everything was fine. Then I got firmware 4.1.7729. I assume my Aura came with an earlier version because there was an update and after I got it this is the version I have. Anyway... when I go to Overdrive in the settings it says I have to create an account. I already have one so I figure it's just to have my info on the reader. When I put my email and password in it brings me back to the create an account page. If I try to log in with my library card number, it shows me a few options for libraries near me. When I pick the one in my town, it opens a new page where I have to (very, very) slowly scroll down a rather large list to pick my library (again), and after I put in my card number and password it brings me back to the create account page. Frankly I think the whole "borrow books from the reader" was quite a bit misleading considering you have to know what you want to borrow and then go to Kobo and find it there to make sure they have it and then borrow it from Kobo. Seriously? That's better than just using your computer and plugging the reader in? I guess if I had no other books and no computer access... you know what... I still wouldn't do it. It's just not good. Sorry, I'm getting off track. Does anyone else have a problem?
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
Claude_C
Claude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blueClaude_C can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I don't know how this works...

I wonder, if you borow an ebook from Overdrive with your computer, will it synch to your Kobo like when you buy an ebook from the Kobo store ?
Claude_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:20 PM   #3
Sir Loyne
Sir Loyne began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post

I wonder, if you borow an ebook from Overdrive with your computer, will it synch to your Kobo like when you buy an ebook from the Kobo store ?
You borrow a book from your online library and use Adobe Digital Editions to both download it and transfer it to your reader. It's easy.
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Not sure what's happening, but it does work. I just downloaded a book today. Your best bet is probably to sign out/in or factory reset. Might be something with the database.

I agree that searching for a book is painful, but if you know what you want it's the same a buying a book on the device and not that painful. The one key is to change the "show" parameters in the bookstore to "Overdrive only".
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one handdieterpops can read with one hand

Device: Always in flux
Here's a link that may help.

http://help.overdrive.com/customer/e...-kobo-aura-one
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:28 PM   #6
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post

IIRC, if your KA1 is set up with Overdrive then it will. Until you have the KA1 set up with OD on it, it doesn't know that it is connected to that OD account so it won't.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote