Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Weird, temporary, display bug

I turned a page and all the text was center justified! When I flipped back to the previous page and then back to the next page again, it redrew correctly, left justified (so it wasn't a problem with the ebook itself).

Odd.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
jbenny
Addict
jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jbenny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Tablet PC and Nokia N800
It was probably a bug related to how Mobipocket works. Something in the file probably didn't get read correctly the first time. As a test, take an ebook with lots of formatting, jump to the end of the book, then start paging backwards. In some cases you will get a jumbled mess. Mobipocket ebooks are only decoded a small chunk at a time and need to be read front-to-back. Another legacy from the restrictions imposed by the Palm platform.
jbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert