Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
fabio80s
fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[Travel diary] Smart Travel Notes

Smart Travel Notes, an app with art and visual appealing, is a multimedia travel diary, photo, video and voice recorder, which helps you organize the contents of the trip through the catalog of places you visited in the days that make the trip.
Every place you see and save will automatically paired with the correct day and you can take as many photos as you want, record video, save audio notes and write a travel day diary. For every place, photo and video, GPS coordinates are saved, at the time of its registration.
The places visited during the day or the whole trip can be viewed on map and exported in KML format (with accompanying photos).
You can also record the path that you do through a continuous GPS tracking capabilities and export it to KML format for Google Earth. Also useful to record your daily jogging performance!
You can share photos on Facebook and Twitter as you like, at any time, with gps position, and so more...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...3Rpdml0aWVzIl0.
fabio80s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #2
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
That sounds pretty good.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
miki2
Enthusiast
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Umm !! I am not sure I want my phone to take pictures of where I am without me even knowing about it. Some of the permissions these apps require are over the top.
Quote:
Hardware controls
take pictures and videos
Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This permission allows the app to use the camera at any time without your confirmation.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
Polyphemus
I am not The Stig
Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyphemus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK-3g; PRS-350; Galaxy Tab 7.0+; Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by miki2 View Post
Umm !! I am not sure I want my phone to take pictures of where I am without me even knowing about it. Some of the permissions these apps require are over the top.
Yes, I totally agree with you on that permission.

I prefer a device to take a picture when I tell it to take a picture.

The rest of the app sounds pretty good, though.
Polyphemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
fabio80s
fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fabio80s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi all, this is a pic about my app:

Last edited by fabio80s; 01-18-2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #6
fabio80s

Quote:
I'm not sure about what you're saying... this app doesn't take pic/video without your permission... permission is only required to phone to let the app use hardware camera
Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #7
miki2
Enthusiast
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio80s View Post
I'm not sure about what you're saying... this app doesn't take pic/video without your permission... permission is only required to phone to let the app use hardware camera
Just quoting what is indicated in the Permissions page of the app in GooglePlay:
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #8
fabio80s

Quote:
Just quoting what is indicated in the Permissions page of the app in GooglePlay:
Don't worry for that message, it means that Smart Travel Notes is allowed to use device camera, but user control the gesture to take pics!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 4 & Nexus 7 (both with Cyanogenmod 11), Blackberry Z30
Other camera apps have the same permissions. For example, Paper Camera here. It just means that the app can use the camera. Otherwise, every time you wanted to take a picture from within Smart Travel Notes, or Paper Camera, you'd get a warning "Smart Travel Notes wants to launch the camera. Allow or Deny?" You still have to press the shutter icon to actually take a picture.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote