Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #1
lowendr began at the beginning.
Device: Kobo
Kobo library list doesn't show all uploaded books

I have an early Kobo and it works fine except many of the epubs I loaded on it do not show up in the device's library list.

They are there when I inspect the device's folder after mounting on mac desktop. ADE and Calibre show they are there too. What gives?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated, I have already tried many of the "solutions" suggested here to no avail.

lowendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
koboniak began at the beginning.
Device: kobo wifi
I had something similar and I one or more of the following cured the problem:

1: not enough battery power left - charge until led is solid blue then do cure #2

2: force a reboot by pressing home and power together for a few seconds.

3: you did not say, but if you placed the book on the SD card and the title or author name contained accented character, the book will be ignored. Cure: use a Sd card formated as ext3 or ext4 on a Linux system.

4: I have found that some epubs from some sites are buggy, they may be read in Calibre but will be ignored by Kobo. Try to convert epub to epub in Calibre: sometimes this is suffucient. if not try to find another version or try to correct it with Sigil ( if you know what to do)

5: Kobo does not like very large cover pictures: it slows considerably. try to stay close to 600x800
koboniak is offline   Reply With Quote