Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
kobobooks.com - Where is my book?

Hi,

I have purchased several books on kobobooks.com, and never had an issue. Now I just purchased another book, I have paid with paypal, I can see the book in my account / purchase history, but the book does not appear in my library on the kobobooks.com website, not in the reading tab, and not in the purchased tab as well.

When I go to kobobooks.com in my account / purchase history and click on the book, I have a message saying this book is in my library... but it is not...

So, where is my book?

Thanks
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I have had this happen once

try finding the book in the store again, then click the little 'i' symbol and choose get a preview, for me this added the missing book
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
Julien Pham
Connoisseur

Yes the support asked me to click the "i" icon (the one after the text Adobe ePub DRM?) but when I click the icon nothing happens...
Old 01-07-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

trying doing it from the previous page instead of when you click into the book

I have just tried and when I am viewing the book details the 'i' does nothing, from main page it seems ok
Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
Julien Pham
Connoisseur

Thanks it worked
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #6
paulsalter
Fanatic

glad it worked
Old 01-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #7
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Just a little aside but does anyone else find that clicking the little 'i' on the main page causes their browser to freeze for a minute? It does it every time on mine and I find it incredibly annoying so much so that I've stopped clicking the 'i' and would rather go all the way into the book for its info and then back out again. I've seen the behaviour here and at work IE8 & IE9
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
melmac I have exactly the same problem. I always just click on the book rather than use the little i. I have the problem even if my mouse just rolls over the i. It's very annoying.

Last edited by HarleyB; 01-07-2012 at 04:46 PM.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Very often books that are not in I'm Reading or Purchased are in "trash". You can restore from there.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
melmac I have exactly the same problem. I always just click on the book rather than use the little i. I have the problem even if my mouse just rolls over the i. It's very annoying.
Thanks Harley it's good to know it's not just my system
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote