Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Copy to Library: metadata handling

Good day,

I am still struggling with cleaning up my library and I just discovered that when I copy a book from library A to library B (in which there is already a record about the book) then, according to the "adding books" setting, say, the existing formats are overwritten (my setting). Fine, exactly what I want.

But the metadata will not be overwritten. Since library A is the newer one with more and more accurate metadata, I really would like to overwrite the existing record in library B with BOTH the books AND their metadata in library A (since I am trying to clean up).

How can I force this behavior? I thought of just adding the new record and deal with the duplicates later, but that method gets out of hand with a couple of thousand books.

Any help appreciated.

Thanxx, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I run into the same sort of problems when cleaning up a corrupted library. When I check the library sometimes I find orphaned books. That is, they were in the library, but for one reason or another (always my own fault) the do not show up. They are complete books with covers and meta data. The only option I get is to delete them. But that is not what I want, I want to add them including meta data. Up til now the only thing I can do is re-add them without the meta data. Then there will be a new folder with the book inside. Then I overwrite that folder with the contents of the old one and it works.

But it would be great is a complet add was possible
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert