Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
Question simple touch - supported text formats

When i do a google search it shows only Epub and Pdf , but i found a longer list on the nooktalk.net website question 12, see link below, is it correct?

http://nooktalk.net/nook-faq/nook-touch-faq-simple.html

Quote:
12 - What document and ebook types are handled by nook Touch.

You'll notice some of the older eBook container types like PDB are missing from the list! While some were supported on the original nook they are not on the nookColor or nook Touch.

PDF
EPUB (DRM / Adobe EPUB through ADE Too)
Word (doc, docx, docm, dot, dotx, dotm)
Excel (xls, xlsx, xlsm, xlt, xltx, xltm)
PowerPoint (ppt, pptx, pptm, pps, ppsx, ppsm, pot, potx, potm)
Rich Text Format (rtf)
Plain Text (txt)
HTML (htm, html, xhtml)

Last edited by Tinderbox (UK); 01-12-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
RAH
Fanatic
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I think if you read that more closely it says that those formats are NOT supported by the Color Nook or the Touch - specifically, that sentence that says, "While some were supported on the original nook they are not on the nookColor or nook Touch." It is poorly worded and misleading, I think, but no, they are not supported.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Coolreader(Nexus 5)\Coolreader(Nook Touch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinderbox (UK) View Post
When i do a google search it shows only Epub and Pdf , but i found a longer list on the nooktalk.net website question 12, see link below, is it correct?

http://nooktalk.net/nook-faq/nook-touch-faq-simple.html
if you are willing to root it then iit becomes more or less an eink android tablet and can support all those formats by different apps. But officially it only supports epub and pdf
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
Tinderbox (UK)
Connoisseur
Tinderbox (UK) began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kindle DXG
Thanks, Guy`s
Tinderbox (UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I was able to side-load and read an RTF file. It seemed like a lot of the formatting was missing.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I didn't realize this was the Nook forum.

Please disregard my last post.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote