|03-22-2015, 09:02 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Device: Onyx Boox M92, Boox i86ML Plus
M92 - Multitasking and Ivona TTS together - study
Here is something you may want to try. It is a study on how to install Ivona TTS and multitasking together on any M92 ONYX Boox reader.
The following is only for a purpose of research. You are installing it on your own risk and I am not responsible if you brick your device in the process. It worked for me.
1) unpack ‘update - unlocker for M92.zip’ into the root of your internal storage on M92. The two files ‘flash.oar’ and ‘uImage’ must be in a folder /media/flash/update/
Thanks @Seaniko7 - see post http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=169
2) run ‘flash.oar’ it will reboot
3) shut down the M92 and insert SD card with ‘update-20131129.zip’ (Artatech) and normally install this update (for those who do not remember here is the procedure to install update - press and hold joystick down and press power button shortly at the same time. When you see ‘looking for update’ release the joystick and the device will update. It takes approx. 10min)
4) download Ivona voices (see below)
5) make ‘.tts’ folder on the internal storage drive or SD card, your choice. (/media/flash/ or /media/sd/)
6) copy all the voice files (4 files per voice) into this folder and reboot
7) unpack ‘multitasking.rar’ and install it.
Unzip and copy "apps" and "lib" folders and the update.oar file directly from archive in the folder which appears when you connect your Boox to the computer (internal memory of your device, where you usually create folders for your library).
In your device click on update.oar
thanks @Booxtor - see post http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211425
8)reboot and you can start using it Ivona TTS and multitasking.
There are some bugs. Once you start reading a book, you can use the multitasking and open other books, however it will continue to read only the first book. If I close the TTS and try opening it again with some other book, it gives me an error ‘Invalid TTS data’. After that I can read books normally, but cannot use the TTS until reboot.
Good luck and hopefully you will find it somewhat useful as I found it
You may get the above mentioned files from here:
Polish female voice ‘Agnieszka’ from here:
English female voice ‘Amy’ from here:
update - unlocker for M92.zip from here:
multitasking.rar from here:
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to install "incompatible" apps to Boox M96+T68. IVONA TTS, ACAPELA TTS etc.||Booxtor||Onyx Boox||23||12-15-2015 12:31 PM|
|Cant Download IVONA TTS Voice files||pcvereader||Onyx Boox||21||12-21-2014 06:56 AM|
|IVONA TTS problem||paulak39||Onyx Boox||5||07-04-2014 04:02 PM|
|Ivona TTS on HD+||Barty||Nook Color & Nook Tablet||5||01-05-2014 08:02 PM|
|Can a booxtor M92 get ivona voice added to it?||tidyboyd||Onyx Boox||2||04-04-2013 12:36 PM|