Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
So I opened up my Ebookwise 1150...

and yes, it still works.

Here are some pictures. I am planning to replace the battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1157.JPG
Views:	335
Size:	785.9 KB
ID:	7402   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1158.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	763.7 KB
ID:	7403   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1160.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	787.1 KB
ID:	7404  
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
and yes, it still works.

Those are great. They need to be brighter. I used irfanview to increase the gamma by 3 and things suddenly show up much better.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not a very good photographer.

I think this particular device was refurbished at some point. The serial number is on a sticker on the back of the device. The same number is on a sticker on the outside of the brown cardboard box it came in. And, when I opened the 1150, the same number was on a sticker covering what I think was the original serial number.

So maybe they are not making any new ones.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Thank you bold person

Quote:
and yes, it still works.

Does anyone know what battery it uses? Please let us know if you can find out.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:11 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

It's approximately C in diameter. I think it is 7.2v output, but I need to test he voltage to confirm it.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
I'm not a very good photographer.
Here are the ones you posted that I upped the color content on. Irfanview is an excellent free program to clean up photos, particular dark ones.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1157.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	474.7 KB
ID:	7424   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1158.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	624.1 KB
ID:	7425   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1160.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	653.0 KB
ID:	7426  

Last edited by DaleDe; 11-23-2007 at 04:42 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:52 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I have decided to give this device to my brother. This will force me to actually learn how to support it. I am still going to follow through with the battery, though.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
woldinghamuk
Enthusiast
woldinghamuk doesn't litterwoldinghamuk doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150 + sony reader 500
That is a good idea .. with the battery. Thank you.
woldinghamuk is offline   Reply With Quote