|01-04-2012, 02:29 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Setting up Calibre for email-not Gmail method.
Just downloaded and installed Calibre and at the email setup window I am confused. I don't want to set up a Gmail account because that means changing my email in Amazon. I have a domain and use my primary email associated with my domain.
I cannot find instructions on how to set this up properly if you are going to use your own email address. Step by step, what would the settings be?
1. Kindle email: is this where I would put my main email address?
2. Send email from: what goes here?
3. Host Name: does my domain name go here, or my host server address or what?
4. User name and password: this bit I get, it would be what I use to sign on to my domain for cpanel or webmail.
Any help is appreciated, and if there is a section on the User Manual that discusses this, please post it so others can benefit.
Much obliged for assistance!
|01-04-2012, 03:44 PM||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: Galaxy Tab 2, Astak Pocket Pro, K4NT
2) This is the same as your regular email uses (what the recipient sees as From
3) eg. smtp.myisp.net (
4) could be username or it might be email@example.com
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|problems adding a gmail account to the email client||belladove||Kindle Fire||2||12-27-2011 03:29 PM|
|Email to Kindle failure (from gmail)||dino_hsu_1019||Calibre||9||08-24-2011 01:45 AM|
|setting up email||lssmithjr||Barnes & Noble NOOK||0||07-13-2011 01:36 AM|
|Calibre won't email books (but email and delete works)||roofone||Calibre||3||04-09-2011 06:51 PM|
|stuck in email setting||Franky||enTourage Archive||17||10-30-2010 09:09 PM|