Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #16
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
It is not showing anywhere after I shut down for awhile and restarted later. Did this happen to anyone else?
Shut down, recharged and turned on again. Volume control is where it was originally. What are your settings? I have nothing checked in the two areas.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
This is a great solution! It survives a reboot for me as well.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #18
ssahnan
Enthusiast
ssahnan is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle3g, kindle touch, kindle fire, kindle ipad 1 and 2, kindle iphon
Oh My! Thanks for this, wow it works well, I can't believe how valuable a tweak this will be for me, I absolutely hated the volume situation beforehand
ssahnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #19
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Got it to finally show up. Cool but doesn't seem to work in netflix or overdrive
will need to okay with it a bit to tweak to my liking
Thanks
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #20
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, Droid Razr Maxx HD
It seems to work okay in Netflix, and Overdrive for me. I tried it with Hulu+ too, but it didn't show up there until I ran my finger up and down where the slider is for a second. It ran fine after that.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #21
hoosiermama
Enthusiast
hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hoosiermama could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle 2
Great solution. Thanks!
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #22
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Very nice but when I try to install it I get the message You Have No Android Phones Associated With This Account. Please Log In With Another Account.

Right! I have no Android phone, only a Fire. Does that shut me out?
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #23
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I went back into the App Manager and checked the box on the bottom to allow after system reboot which I didn't do the first time around. And I also now have the volume control app on my Go Launcher homescreen as well for insurance but what I did first now brings the control up after I powered off and restarted. And I still have it enabled on my screen so I don't have to fish around for it while I'm viewing videos on various applications and websites.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
Athens80
Enthusiast
Athens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughingAthens80 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
Very nice but when I try to install it I get the message You Have No Android Phones Associated With This Account. Please Log In With Another Account.

Right! I have no Android phone, only a Fire. Does that shut me out?
Instead of using the Android Market, get the app from 1Mobile at http://www.1mobile.com/volume-control-150852.html .
Athens80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #25
PookaLady
Enthusiast
PookaLady began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo , Kindle 3,Kindle Fire
Wow,Thanks so much.It is grrrrrrrrreat!
PookaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #26
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

I think the best location for it is in the top center on the Fire. All other blocs interfere with the keyboard or other controls.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #27
ratkity
Enthusiast
ratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five wordsratkity can name that ebook in five words

Device: Old Sony, Kindle 3G, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PookaLady View Post
Wow,Thanks so much.It is grrrrrrrrreat!

Love this app!!! Thanks!

Hugs,
Ratkity
ratkity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #28
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
This was really a great find. Thanks so much!

This is, to me, actually preferable to having a physical, mechanical volume control. I always found that argument ("no physical volume control") kind of funny, because one of the other frequent complaints about the Fire was "too easy to hit the Power button". I'm sure that, had Amazon given the Fire a physical volume control, the complaint would have become "too easy to inadvertently change the volume setting".

I'm glad they kept the number of physical controls low - fewer mechanical parts to break or wear out, and fewer places of entry for moisture and dust.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:15 AM   #29
salsaguy
Addict

Actually i am accidentally hitting this virtual volume button as its always overlapping something on my Fire so I'm not 100% happy yet.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #30
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Actually i am accidentally hitting this virtual volume button as its always overlapping something on my Fire so I'm not 100% happy yet.
I put mine on the left side of the screen to avoid the "dock" on the Go Launcher (when I'm holding it horizontally.) Works great -- I LOVE this volume adjustment.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote