Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
hola!claude
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4NT B
Is it possible with the Kindle touch...?

I would want to use the web browser via usb with the kindle 4 touch
I don't have the wi-fi and I live in Europe,
I have seen that you can use the kindle as an alternative display of the PC
but I don't think this feature is available with the new kindle 4,am I right?
is it possible to have this feature on the kindle keyboard?(is it the kindle 3?)

I have a strong myopia and an e ink display would be a godsend.....

thanks from a newbie
hola!claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I think it would be much easier for you to get Wifi than try to hack some tethering method.

Since you must have internet access:

1. A router can be had pretty cheaply these days.

2. Most PCs/Laptops allow you to create an internet sharing so your PC can provide a WiFi connections for your Kindle.

That all said... you probably are better of with an LCD set for a big font for web browsing than the eInk which will be too slow and the browser will not render sites as they were intended to be seen.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
hola!claude
hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hola!claude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4NT B
Thanks for your help,
I'm using an LCD with big font but I continue to have problems.....

Are you saying nobody hacked the kindle touch to make it possible to navigate via USB?

thanks again
hola!claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hola!claude View Post
Thanks for your help,
I'm using an LCD with big font but I continue to have problems.....

Are you saying nobody hacked the kindle touch to make it possible to navigate via USB?

thanks again
I don't know off hand. Is it 100% not possible for you to set up a WiFi connection so you don't need to jail break or hack your Kindle?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote