Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
korben
Member
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
korben's Avatar
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 378
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: France
Device: pocketbook touch 2
Question PB626 plant back

Hello,

I bought 3 pb626 (touch lux 2) for me and my family.
I immediately made the update of firmware, otherwise they are too slow.

The problem is that on this page, there is a button to test the serial number (http://www.pocketbook-int.com/fr/sup...ok-touch-lux-2) and it asks me to return the 3 machines in the factory.

It seems there is a problem with the batteries. And of course, to my inquiries, I get a terse email giving me an address but no explanation.

Have you heard of this problem, and most importantly, is it necessary to return the machines?
I am not really convinced of the safety of the operation: I have nothing to prove that my machines will be distributed there.

Have a good day
korben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
LucyOne
Connoisseur
LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.LucyOne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
Posts: 71
Karma: 272
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Pocketbook Touch Lux, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
I've heard of this problem. There might be something wrong with the battery in the devices, it may cause the casing to break by expanding during loading. If you have already loaded the battery a couple of times without any problems, your devices most probably are ok.
To be on the safe side, you can send them to PB Customer Service and you will get a replacement without any costs.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:08 AM   #3
korben
Member
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
korben's Avatar
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 378
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: France
Device: pocketbook touch 2
Ok, thank you for this information.

I think I'll return them, it seems safer.
I hope that the replacement will not be too long.
korben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
Dimitko
Junior Member
Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Dimitko can self-interpret dreams as they happen.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 20706
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bulgaria
Device: Pocketbook 626 Touch Lux 2
Hi,

Somewhere in a German site I red that only 2% of the produced batch are affected by that problem, so chances are 98% for ours to be ok.

Mine also 'returned positive' with the serial number check. However I've recharged it a few times without a problem. I'm thinking of maybe sending it in an year or so, when the battery is however somewhat worn

If you return yours, could you share how much time it took your local supplier to fix & return it?
Dimitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:57 AM   #5
korben
Member
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
korben's Avatar
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 378
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: France
Device: pocketbook touch 2
Hello,
I have sent my reading lights.
Sending cost me just under € 20 for three. I'm waiting to see if I get a refund as it should be done ...
Troubleshooting should take about two weeks, according to PB.
I will keep you informed of further developments.

good luck
korben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 AM   #6
korben
Member
korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.korben has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.
 
korben's Avatar
 
Posts: 21
Karma: 378
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: France
Device: pocketbook touch 2
Hello there,

there it is: my bed jackets are back.

Lead times are respected by PB​​. The intervention lasted 14 days. If we add twice three days of travel, the operation lasted twenty days (France - Germany - France).

I have not yet had the refund of shipping, it should come in the weeks ahead.

About operation, I may be wrong, but I feel that e-readers are more in charge than ever before. I use a lot of built-in lighting and it seems to me that the battery level drop much more slowly than before. Time will tell whether I'm right or not.

See you
korben is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PB626 - Calibre et titre livre gps17 PocketBook 1 07-19-2014 10:18 AM
PB626 plant back korben PocketBook 0 07-19-2014 10:14 AM
PB626 (Lux 2) Suche Empfehlung für (harte) Hülle connaisseur PocketBook 3 05-07-2014 05:27 AM
Ardeegee, This Plant's for you kennyc Lounge 0 11-16-2010 08:28 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.