|12-23-2011, 03:16 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2011
Device: Kindle Fire
Dolphin - Dropbox - PassDroid Integration
I would place this in the tips and tricks thread but it's already hitting 20 pages and it's filled with more than just tips and tricks. The steps below outline how to synchronize your bookmarks from your desktop to your Android.
Download and install Dolphin HD (the best browser that I can think of)
Download and install DropBox v2.0
Download and install PassDroid (This is the Android version of Keypass)
1. Setup your Dropbox on your PC and your Android device.
2. Export your Bookmarks from your PC to your DropBox folder. (Allow Dropbox to synchronize your files).
3. Go to your Kindle and start up your DropBox
4. Select the bookmark file and choose to open with the Dolphin HD Browser.
5. Bookmark the bookmark file from within Dolphin (I suggest assigning a gesture to the bookmark... perhaps a handwritten B)
6. Now you can keep your bookmarks synch by just occasionally exporting your Bookmark file to your DropBox. It will synchronize on your Android when you open DropBox. You don't need to reopen the file to maintain the synchronization.
I recommend installing PassDroid for the same purpose. You can export your KeePass database to your DropBox folder and open the file using PassDroid. PassDroid allows you to create extremely long passwords that you can copy and paste into your password fields, which is quite easier than typing a 20 character password on your Kindle.
|dropbox, kindle, password|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New Device Integration with calibre||shivas||Devices||29||02-27-2015 03:19 PM|
|Apple Tries To Acquire Dropbox for $800 Million, Dropbox Refuses||jocampo||News||166||09-17-2011 02:06 PM|
|For those with Dolphin HD 4.3||debteb||Nook Developer's Corner||11||01-17-2011 10:08 PM|
|Camera integration with apps?||cheyennedonna||enTourage Archive||3||07-13-2010 06:40 PM|
|Calibre/iPad integration||itimpi||Calibre||8||06-05-2010 07:30 PM|