Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
Museman
Museman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard K3 3G

Hi dee ho,

Yup, this is my first post. Dig, I have yet to read my first word on an e reader. The best view I've had of one is from the other side of a subway car! My sister keeps telling me how great her Kindle is, what a joy it is to read books on it. I've asked her a couple of times to bring it with her and demo it, but it hasn't happened yet for various reasons. She highly recommends the Kindle, says she prefers to read books on it than off of paper, and she's a bookstore junkie. She'll go into a bookstore, browse and walk out with novels under her arm, or used to. Now I guess she just downloads them.

Well, Hannukah/Xmas were just here (actually, today's the last day of Hannukah) and it's gifting season, and I've been in the mood to give myself a few things. I started researching Kindles. Every time I've gone to Amazon lately, their home page has been hawking Kindles. I started reading reviews and after a day or two I figured the Kindle Keyboard 3G was probably the one for me. Easiest on the eyes, I figure. Some people say the 4th generation Kindles' screens are not as good as the 3rd generation, at least for some, so I bought a used 3rd generation that was bought new in early July 2011. Got it off eBay a couple of days ago, should have it in a few days. Comes with the lighted leather case and extended warranty. The case is "hot pink" and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to work out a way to recolor it!

I heard about this forum in a post at Anandtech Forums, my favorite forums. I figure this will be a good place to find out things that will enhance my e reader experience, likely in many dimensions.

Last edited by Museman; 12-28-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Museman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, Museman
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 12-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Have a happy 2012!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Hello and welcome to MobileRead.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote