Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
henson0115
Enthusiast
henson0115 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
bad font formatting?

Just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with some letters on the prs-t1, when reading a page i notice that random letters on the page have a bolder apearence then the rest of the letters and when you tilt the reader, the letter almost seems 3d! this doesn't seem right to me but i was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and is it a problem i should return and swap the reader for. tried taking a picture but my camera doesn't like the closeness and is all blurry so you can't really tell what i mean. my page is auto cropped and the standard font. thanks
henson0115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; iPad Mini Retina; Sonys; Nooks
I think that it is the cropping feature that creates this 3d effect. I have seen this behavior with manual crop. It does not occur when the page is set to its default margins with no cropping.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
henson0115
Enthusiast

i have turned the cropping of and havn't noticed it anymore. thanks alot, it was bugging the crap out of me..
Old 12-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
nindustrial
Enthusiast
nindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovernindustrial exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: PRS-T1
I noticed this too with the cropping; it's annoying enough to make the cropping a useless feature for me. I'd rather reformat the file in Calibre or an external editor to fit the 6" screen than use the on-reader crop feature.
nindustrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #5
henson0115
Enthusiast

yep, hopefully it gets fixed by sony sometime soon. really can't be bothered with editing my entire library again...took me ages to do it the first few times.